State, Local and Education Market Enhancements: Year in Review 2020
Every year the GovWin IQ team works diligently to provide our customers with the most innovative, comprehensive insights in the government contracting market. 2020 was no different. Although there were many unforeseen circumstances, the GovWin IQ team has been hard at work to come out of 2020 stronger for the customers we serve.
The state, local and education (SLED) market innovations this year included:
- Operational Improvements - Faster bid publishing and bid document collection with increased data sources
- Tracked Opportunities coverage expansion - Our most detailed opportunity tracking has expanded into new industries
- State Checkbooks - Detailed line-item spending broken down by department, category and vendor for all 50 states
- Multi-State Budget Data - Compare spending across multi-state budgets and multi-state IT budgets
- Data Analysis Tools - Dive into expenditures, employment, population and educational enrollment
Each of these enhancements are geared at ensuring our SLED market coverage is as comprehensive as possible to help our customers make informed business growth decisions.
State, local and education government contractors can count on GovWin IQ to deliver leads faster than ever so you can get ahead of bids and stay ahead of your competition.
- Access bids and updates published the same day GovWin IQ receives them—now averaging under 3 hours from time of collection
- Bid document collection is up 2% year-to-date, totaling an additional 7,000 bids and bid documents available to ensure our analyst team is capturing the background knowledge you need to make better bid/no-bid decisions
- Over 450 data sources have been added to our data collection efforts this year to ensure you are accessing complete, centralized coverage
“ With GovWin, we’re able to develop that proactive, targeted approach. ”
Tony Petroccitto, US West/Pacific Federal Program Manager, GHD
Tracked Opportunities Expansion
Analyst-tracked, cradle-to-grave updates for contract opportunities to help you make strategic growth decisions by allowing you to:
- Obtain holistic views into individual opportunities with updates from our team of industry-recognized analysts
- Identify leads early on with 80% of Tracked Opportunities in pre-RFP stage and updated through contract award
- Make strategic bid/no-bid decisions with detailed updates throughout the procurement cycle
The expansion in coverage moved beyond IT services to now include Professional Services industries such as: strategic consulting, business management, financial services, marketing and advertising, legal services, healthcare, and staffing services.
These opportunities are beneficial for anyone in the business development role, but specifically sales people and management, senior executives, proposal development, and marketing because of the level of detail our analyst updates provide.
Identify Early SLED Professional Services Opportunities
Follow where the money is going and discover transactions of interest for partnering and planning.
- Review detailed line-item spending tables with the ability to download all checkbook data for each state
- Build custom tables with the exact data you want for analysis or download
- Create and download forecasts and other visualizations for your use
This state checkbooks data is ideal for Sales Managers, Sales Representatives and Territory Managers because it allows these teams to be strategic in pursuit of growth where dollars are going. This data is perfect for defining your competitive landscape, reviewing networking opportunities from transactions of interest, or performing spending analysis of past and predicting future spending.
Access comprehensive spending insights with multi-state budgets tools you can tailor to your growth efforts.
- Compare, analyze, customize and download GovWin’s industry-leading budget data across all states
- Limits on downloads and access removed to give you total control
- Customize budget data for territory research across multiple states or strategic planning across the nation
Multi-State Budgets are useful for Sales & Business Development Managers; as well as Senior Strategic Planners. With the ability to carefully compare spending across states, these groups can effectively plan for tactical and strategic growth efforts.
Data Analysis Tools
Multi-government data analysis tools cover all states, cities, counties, special districts, colleges/universities and independent school districts to give you centralized coverage when making strategic decisions.
- Greatly expanded capabilities covering expenditures, government employment, population and educational enrollment
- Compare, analyze, customize and download all of this data across all SLED governments
With the ability to review past SLED expenditures, employment, population and enrollment organizations can create plans for their business grounded in data. This ultimately helps form Go-To-Market decisions that are so critical in times of growth and market uncertainty. Similarly to Multi-State Budgets, this data is ideal for Business Development Managers and Senior Strategic Planners.
Interested in learning about how your team can use these innovations – and more broadly, GovWin IQ’s platform of government market intelligence – to build your state, local and education business strategy for 2021? Schedule a demo with a GovWin representative to see how your business can benefit.
Learn More About GovWin IQ
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education