The Results are In: The 37th Annual Clarity Architecture and Engineering Industry Report
Register for the entire complimentary Clarity A&E Industry webinar series and report by clicking here.
In every team sport, before going into competition, the best teams develop a strategy to compete based on their strengths and weaknesses. Professional Services firms, including architecture and engineering (A&E) firms, are no different. The best A&E firms routinely evaluate where they stand and what their competition is doing.
The Deltek Clarity A&E Industry Report is a great resource for you to gather intelligence to help you size up your competition and assess your strengths and weaknesses. In its 37th year, this report gives leaders critical benchmarks for A&E firms of all shapes and sizes. This year, there were more than 250 firms that participated in the study, the longest running and most comprehensive study in the A&E industry. The final Clarity A&E industry report includes key performance areas for A&E firms including financial management, project management, business development and, new this year, talent management.
In regards to the latter, the war for talent is no secret. As a leader in this industry, Deltek is tracking and monitoring these trends for you so that you can leverage the data and improve your talent management processes.
Preliminary findings show the A&E industry has settled into a new normal with sustained growth. The peaks and valleys of recent years are leveling out. Key findings / highlights from this year’s report include:
- Financial metrics continue to stabilize with little change in key metrics from the previous year.
- Companies are projecting a decline in market position in 12 markets over the next 18 months.
- Business Development teams are facing increasing competition, with decreasing win rates and a lack of time to nurture key client relationships.
- Core project management metrics have dropped. Most notably, projects on or under budget slid to just 70% this year.
- As the war for talent heats up, talent management is a challenge from end to end. This includes the challenge of finding good candidates, the cost of acquiring talent, and the complexities of planning for the future.
The Deltek Clarity study will give you key insight and competitive intelligence. It highlights the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) A&E firms need to be tracking and details historical trends so you can benchmark, set realistic goals for your firm and develop successful competitive strategies. For the first time, Deltek is digging deeper into each section of the report in a complimentary webinar series.
Click here to learn more or register for the complimentary webinar series.
(Those who register for the series receive the full report.)
Click here to download the full Deltek Clarity A&E Industry report.
We’re really excited about sharing the results of this year’s study with you! We encourage you to join us for the upcoming webinar series to learn how you can use the results to shape the future of your firm and get closer to your definition of perfection.
About the Author
Megan Miller is a senior product marketing specialist with Deltek. Prior to joining Deltek, Megan spent more than 10 years in the A/E industry. She knows first-hand the challenges that face A/E firms every day. In her position with Deltek, she is committed to working with customers to help them leverage their Deltek solutions to make their jobs easier – and so they can get back to doing what they love.
- 36th Annual Clarity AE Industry Study
- 37th Annual Clarity AE Study
- Architecture, Engineering & Construction
- Business Development
- Business Intelligence
- Deltek iAccess for Vision
- Deltek Insight
- Deltek Vision
- Financial Management
- Govwin IQ
- Mgmt IT Consulting
- Professional Services
- Professional Services
- Project Management
- Resource Planning
- Talent Management
- Touch for Vision
- Trends & Events
- Vision Accounting/Finance
- Vision CRM
- Vision in the Cloud
- Vision Planning
- Vision Purchasing
- Workshops and Training