Small Business Resource Center
Why Small Businesses Matter
Small businesses employ nearly half the workforce, yet as they adjust to a new mode of work, insufficient tools and technology may hold them back by preventing the collaboration and communication needed to tackle evolving projects. Find out what best practices your firm can put in place to help you achieve consistent, timely completion of high-quality work.
Best Practices for Project-Based Businesses
There’s an opportunity for small businesses to improve collaboration and the employee experience by standardizing and upgrading their toolkit.
ERP systems bring together your organization’s disparate tools and processes to help you become more efficient and effective, all in one easy-to-use solution.
If your organization is looking to implement a new ERP solution, here are seven factors to consider to ensure a smooth and successful implementation process.
Here are five reasons CRM can empower your teams to make better, more informed decisions about the right clients and projects for your business.
Take a look at the key advantages of an ERP system designed specifically for projects.
Six questions you should make sure to add to your shortlist when interviewing an ERP vendor.
Small Business Tactical Tips by Industry
- Small Business Tools: Win More Government Opportunities - How prepared are you to identify and win more government opportunities? Take advantage of this resource hub and empower your small business with the tools to succeed.
- Government Contracting Webinars for Small Business - This series of complimentary webinars will help you to identify and win more government opportunities.
- Keys to Growing a Small Business in the Federal Market - For small businesses that are serious about finding success and growth in the federal market, it’s time to take the 4Cs seriously and form a strategy for building and executing on them all as a foundation to your business.
- 5 Ways to Get More Efficient in Government Procurement and Contracting - Five ideas to consider with your management team or department customers.
- Six Indicators to Catch Before They Become Finance and Accounting Red Flags - Here’s some situations to watch for if your government contracting firm uses an out-of-the-box finance and accounting solution.
- Smart Workforce Growth for Small Government Contractors - Leveling up your workforce in service of a government contract can be daunting. Preparation and planning can take away many of the growing pains so a firm can scale the smart way.
- Defining Your Business and Selecting Systems That Help Rather Than Hinder - Learn the differences between what a generic enterprise resource planning (ERP) or a dedicated project-based ERP solution can offer your government contracting firm.
Architecture & Engineering
- Take Your AEC Firm's Business Intelligence to the Next Level - Five best practice tips for AEC firms to drive better decision making broaden your usage of BI across all parts of your company.
- 3 Ways to Put AEC Sustainable Design into Practice - Sustainability presents a significant opportunity for architects to grow their business.
- 4 HCM Best Practices for AEC Firms - Four top HCM best practices and market trends you can apply to your firm’s human resources strategy.
- Best Practices for Better Cash Flow in Construction - The construction industry has inherent challenges that make cash flow management and collecting and paying bills difficult. Learn industry best practices to set up your business for long-term financial success.
- Five Key Principles for Construction Business Success - Here are five key principles to help contractors realize steady, predictable business growth.
- Job Costing 101 for Construction Accounting - Job costing helps you project job expenses to identify problems before they affect profit.
Management & IT Consulting
- 3 Keys to Building a High-Performing Sales Pipeline - Three levers to pull now to help you find and nurture the right leads for your business.
- Beyond Spreadsheets: Achieving Collaboration, Automation, Data Accuracy and Efficiency - Finance leaders in Consulting discuss how they utilize spreadsheets and when it’s time to move on to more robust systems.
- How Consulting Firms Become More Efficient - This brief discusses the ways in which a project based financial management solution can help your consulting firm become more efficient, productive and profitable.
- Six Steps to Optimizing Project Delivery - Invest in exceptional project delivery and the payback in talent retention, client satisfaction and profitability is sure to speak for itself.
- Agency Best Practice Guide For Financial Management - How to improve your cash flow and bottom line when your agency is faced with ever-increasing margin, delivery time and resource pressures.
- Agency Best Practice Guide For Operations Management - How to power your people, projects and profits when your agency is faced with ever-increasing delivery time, efficiency and resource challenges.
How Deltek Helps Small Businesses Succeed
Deltek enables small businesses with easy-to-use technology that scales seamlessly, to help achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue. Our industry-specific software adapts and evolves with the needs of growing companies, providing the security, privacy and flexibility small businesses need while empowering their remote teams with an accessible, reliable platform. We are proud that more than 10,000 small businesses rely on Deltek to tackle their daily business challenges and fuel their growth opportunities. Learn more about our small business software solutions, built to adapt and evolve with growing companies.