Small Business Resource Center
Resources for Small Businesses
Project-based small businesses face any number of operational challenges, from managing budgets, to scheduling your time effectively, to overwhelming choices when it comes to technology. Below are resources to help guide you in bringing greater productivity and efficiency to your small business.
Best Practices for Project-Based Businesses
There’s an opportunity for small businesses to improve collaboration and the employee experience by standardizing and upgrading their toolkit.
ERP systems bring together your organization’s disparate tools and processes to help you become more efficient and effective, all in one easy-to-use solution.
If your organization is looking to implement a new ERP solution, here are seven factors to consider to ensure a smooth and successful implementation process.
Here are five reasons CRM can empower your teams to make better, more informed decisions about the right clients and projects for your business.
Take a look at the key advantages of an ERP system designed specifically for projects.
Six questions you should make sure to add to your shortlist when interviewing an ERP vendor.
Small Business Tactical Tips by Industry
For more industry tips, check out our Government Contracting Guide.
- Small Business Tools: Win More Government Opportunities - How prepared are you to identify and win more government opportunities? Take advantage of this resource hub and empower your small business with the tools to succeed.
- Government Contracting Webinars for Small Business - This series of complimentary webinars will help you to identify and win more government opportunities.
- 4 Reasons Small Government Contractors Should Consider Moving Off QuickBooks - As your small government contracting business grows and develops into a more complex organization, so should your accounting solution.
- Tips and Tricks for Selling to the Government as a Small Business - Small businesses have the opportunity to capitalize on policies specifically put in place to enable their success and ensure their ability to compete.
- Keys to Growing a Small Business in the Federal Market - For small businesses that are serious about finding success and growth in the federal market, it’s time to take the 4Cs seriously and form a strategy for building and executing on them all as a foundation to your business.
- Smart Workforce Growth for Small Government Contractors - Leveling up your workforce in service of a government contract can be daunting. Preparation and planning can take away many of the growing pains so a firm can scale the smart way.
- Defining Your Business and Selecting Systems That Help Rather Than Hinder - Learn the differences between what a generic enterprise resource planning (ERP) or a dedicated project-based ERP solution can offer your government contracting firm.
Architecture & Engineering
- 5 Signs It’s Time to Up-Level Your Project Information Management - Explore how adding project information management provides next-level document and email management – empowering your team, improving accuracy, and reducing risk.
- Take Your AEC Firm's Business Intelligence to the Next Level - Five best practice tips for AEC firms to drive better decision making broaden your usage of BI across all parts of your company.
- 3 Ways to Incorporate Sustainable Design into Your AEC Projects – The future is full of possibilities for architects and engineers to incorporate smart design that will win more work and be sustainable.
- Best Practices for Better Cash Flow in Construction - The construction industry has inherent challenges that make cash flow management and collecting and paying bills difficult. Learn industry best practices to set up your business for long-term financial success.
- Five Key Principles for Construction Business Success - Here are five key principles to help contractors realize steady, predictable business growth.
- Job Costing 101 for Construction Accounting - Job costing helps you project job expenses to identify problems before they affect profit.
Management & IT Consulting
- The Key Advantages of High Growth Professional Services Firms – Read this blog for four key advantages that stood out for successful high growth consulting firms (those that grew more than 20%) vs low to no-growth firms.
- 6 Industry Trends That Can Help Increase Your Consulting Firm’s Growth Potential- Technology combined with the right expertise can help unlock new markets and increase your consulting firm’s growth potential.
- Beyond Spreadsheets: Achieving Collaboration, Automation, Data Accuracy and Efficiency - Finance leaders in Consulting discuss how they utilize spreadsheets and when it’s time to move on to more robust systems.
- How to Get Your Agency in Check for Growth or Acquisition – This blog highlights aspects of agency operations that forward-thinking leadership should recognize and prioritize.
- Accelerate Your Small Business: The Agency Operations Roadmap – Transform your creative operations with this roadmap for long-term resilience and growth.
- Six Steps to Optimizing Project Delivery - Invest in exceptional project delivery and the payback in talent retention, client satisfaction and profitability is sure to speak for itself.
How Deltek Helps Small Businesses Succeed
Deltek enables small businesses with easy-to-use technology that scales seamlessly, to help achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue. Our industry-specific software adapts and evolves with the needs of growing companies, providing the security, privacy, and flexibility small businesses need while empowering their remote teams with an accessible, reliable platform. Learn more about our small business software solutions, built to adapt and evolve with growing companies.
We are proud that more than 10,000 small businesses rely on Deltek to tackle their daily business challenges and fuel their growth opportunities. Explore our Customer Stories to find out how businesses like yours found success using Deltek’s solutions for small project-based businesses.