Management and IT Consulting Solutions
MAKE EVERY PROJECT PROFITABLE
CONTROLLING THE UNCONTROLLABLE
As the economy shifts from manufacturing to services, consulting firms must work hard to fight the perception of being a commodity. You must differentiate yourself to win business, then face the pressure of making sure that business is profitable. It's about finding an advantage in the war for talent, compensating and utilizing your consultants correctly while delivering successful engagements.
MANAGE THE ENTIRE PROJECT LIFECYCLE
Deltek gives you all the tools you need to keep the entire engagement lifecycle in place.
- Client relationships — sales forecasts and SOWs
- Project management — work in progress and project budgets
- Time and expense — time sheets and workflow approval
- Financials — invoicing and billing and record keeping
Focus on your actual business and have the data you need to price competitively and protect your margins.
When operating across volatile marketplaces and with increasingly tight budgets, the consulting firms that succeed are the most nimble. There is pressure to have the efficiency of a small firm and the vast services of a large one. Deltek will position your firm for success with a suite of integrated tools for managing potential opportunities and growing current ones. In the quest to find clients willing to spend, we can help you strengthen the things that really count.
- Deltek CRM is a business development system built to manage the client lifecycle for professional services firms
- Give your team the tools to find, follow and make the most of business prospects
- Track activities and milestones through each phase of the opportunity lifecycle
- Deliver high quality proposals that win business
Your clients are depending on you to deliver the expertise they don't have in-house. As you strive to make each engagement profitable and create repeatable work, we'll give you all the tools you need to get the right people on the right projects at the right time.
Deltek software helps consulting firms automate project and financial accounting, centralize budgeting and planning and streamline processes — all with the goal of driving profits and maintaining compliance. To ensure reliable profit margins and improved predictability for growth, consulting firms can depend on Deltek solutions.
Companies must offer increasingly competitive compensation packages to fill vacant positions and retain their best employees. With new talent being so hard to acquire, there is renewed focus on developing existing talent and providing benefits that create a desirable work/life balance. Deltek delivers all the tools to help consulting firms win the talent war by attracting top talent, nurturing their skills and giving them compelling reasons to stick around.
- Deltek Talent Management helps reduce recruiting costs by up to 25% with automation and better analysis of success rates
- Ensure that your annual compensation review cycle is fair, consistent, automated and compliant
- Provide a forum for balanced and accurate 360º feedback on performance
- Identify top performers and further develop them
Deltek PSA Overview
Deltek Professional Services Automation Software connects your processes and your people. Improve your project and service delivery with a PSA solution that streamlines all your core workflows. This video details benefits for every role in your consulting firm.Learn More
Benefits by Role
Client diversification is key to financial stability. Centralized CRM systems enable you to find, track, and capitalize on leads earlier in the development process. Deltek CRM and GovWin IQ can help you capture business in either the commercial or government sectors.
- Automate opportunity data entry
- Maximize resources to pursue more opportunities
- Gain better insights to position your firm for pitch wins
Alleviate the cost of inefficient, segregated systems by providing your business with more reliable information based out of a single repository. With Deltek, you can start winning future work today
As you balance management decisions against market conditions, Deltek can help. The days of "making it up on the next project" are over. With this in mind, Deltek provides a comprehensive set of tools to help firms increase project profitability while laying the groundwork for new opportunities and client relationship management.
Get the industry intelligence and insight to know which levers to pull to make more profit. Deltek brings you complete visibility — from front to back office, you'll have firm-wide accountability at a glance. No matter your firm size, you can build robust forecasts, track project progress and cost at every step to ensure projects are delivered profitably on time and on budget.
People are your firm's differentiating factor and source of expertise. Deltek Talent Management has the tools you need to find and retain the best talent.
- Annual compensation — know if you have the right people and if you are paying them right
- Expedite recruiting and on-boarding with automated tools and guidelines
- Maximize profitability by automating the recruiting process
- Satisfy audits with complete visibility into accurate employee and project data
For your peace of mind, Deltek solutions are built on a world-class cloud infrastructure that utilizes Amazon Web Services. Our solutions are easy to implement, accessible anywhere and compliant with strict government IT standards. They are all designed to work with minimal maintenance to free up your IT resources for other important tasks.
- World-class cloud infrastructure protects sensitive data and meets compliance standards
- Centralized databases can be accessed from anywhere at anytime with a web browser
- Self-service Business Intelligence means everyone can get the data they need with less burden on IT staff
Deltek has the customer relationship management tools to create effective, precisely targeted campaigns. When seeking new sources of opportunity, or for government contractors pursuing public sector business, choose Deltek CRM.
- Create effective marketing campaigns targeted to key prospects, clients and opportunities
- Automate client management and organize all of your client information in one centralized database
- Track contacts, opportunities, estimates, proposals and all the associated communications
- Log all activity for each campaign, providing a historical record of all materials, emails and correspondence
Consulting is one of the last industries to realize the benefits of using a single solution for the entire project lifecycle. The majority of firms are using three or more systems to manage their sales forecasts, resource plans, financial records, client records, budgets, resource costs, invoices and billing. Firms that move to an integrated system will be well positioned to pull significantly ahead of the competition.
- Costpoint helps firms of any size manage costs and the high compliance standards of government contracts
- Deltek PSA helps small to mid-size commercial consulting firms manage the entire project lifecycle
- Maconomy helps commercial enterprise consulting firms manage the entire project lifecycle
- Talent management tools to find and retain the best talent
When you own the relationship with the client and the success of the entire engagement is in your hands, it's critical that you lay the groundwork for the best plans possible. Deltek takes care of project managers with a suite of tools that help you create smart schedules, monitor budgets and plan for every contingency.
Deltek has the suite of software you need to stay focused on maximizing utilization and aligning resources to planned work and WIP. When you've got the right info, you can set expectations across the firm.
Learn more about Deltek’s approach to delivering measurable ROI for large Professional Services firms.
Katherine McElroy, EVP shares views on the value of a project-based solution to improve firm efficiency and visibility.
Read how Deltek for Professional Services improves your firm’s project and service delivery.
Why services firms must move to integrated, industry specific solutions.
Survey reveals how consulting firms using PSA outperform those that do not.