Residential Construction Management Software
Residential home builders are a powerful niche in the construction industry. Whether you build single-family houses or multi-unit structures, you need construction management software with robust features that enables your team to deliver successful projects every time.
What is a residential contractor?
A residential contractor is someone who builds homes. They can also be referred to as home builders or remodelers. They do all kinds of work, from framing walls to installing appliances. The job requires them to be skilled in carpentry, plumbing, electrical wiring, drywall, painting, flooring, etc.
Most residential contractors are self-employed, although some may work for a larger construction business.
The residential construction industry has been growing at a steady pace over the past few years. The industry’s growth can be attributed to several factors, such as increasing population, rising demand for housing and changing lifestyles. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than 1.3 million new homes were built in the United States last year.
What is residential construction management software?
Residential construction management software helps contractors manage all aspects of home-building projects, such as budgeting, scheduling, estimating, project tracking, invoicing, reporting, and more. It also provides tools to help you stay organized and keep track of everything involved with each project.
Residential construction management software is often referred to as home builder software in the construction industry.
Features of residential construction project management software
The key features that make up residential construction management software are:
- Project management: Project management is an essential aspect of any construction project. You should clearly understand what needs to happen on your project before it begins. This includes things like setting goals, creating timelines, managing budgets, and keeping track of progress. A good construction project management tool will provide residential builders with capabilities that enable them to complete projects successfully.
- Job cost accounting: Job costing is another essential feature of any homebuilder software. It involves calculating how much money you spend on materials, labor, equipment, subcontractors, and other costs associated with the project. This information allows you to create accurate estimates and determine whether your project is profitable.
- Invoicing: To get paid, you must send out invoices to your clients. Your residential construction management software should include the ability to generate professional-looking invoices.
- Payroll administration: Managing payroll is a vital part of running a business. With proper payroll processing, you could avoid paying taxes late, missing deadlines, and losing money. Construction software with payroll functionality makes it easy to handle construction payroll tasks, including employee paychecks, tax payments, benefits, and more.
- Subcontractor management: Subcontractors play an integral role in any construction project. They perform services such as plumbing, electric, roofing, landscaping, and many others. Residential construction management software allows you to easily manage your subcontractors by providing access to their contact information, payment history, and other relevant details.
- Job scheduling: Scheduling jobs is one of the most time-consuming parts of any construction project. Having a reliable job scheduling feature means that you can make sure every task gets done on time.
- Customer relationship management (CRM): CRM systems allow you to store customer data such as names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and more. In addition to storing contact information, CRMs make it easy for salespeople to track their client’s needs and interests. This allows them to build stronger relationships and improve client communication. As a result, your business can provide the best service possible.
- Estimating: Estimating is another crucial part of any construction project because it determines how much work you need to do to complete the project. Good homebuilder software will give contractors the ability to estimate projects accurately.
- Document Management: Managing documents is essential for any construction project. The right system will help you organize your construction documents into folders and subfolders based on type or subject matter.
Benefits of construction management software for residential contractors
There are many benefits associated with using residential construction management software. Some of the benefits construction companies experience are:
- Improved project management: Using construction project management software lets your project team keep track of everything from start to finish. You can set goals, create schedules, monitor progress, and analyze results.
- Increased productivity: With construction project management software, you can save hours of time each week. This can be especially helpful if you have multiple projects going at once.
- Better cost control: With good construction accounting and management software, you will know exactly what costs are coming in and where they are going. This helps you control your budget and make smart decisions for your company.
- Reduced risk: By clearly understanding your company finances, you can avoid costly mistakes. For example, you may find that you overpaid for materials or underestimated the amount of labor needed.
- Effective communication: Construction project management software allows stakeholders to connect on key project details, ensuring your team can complete the project successfully.
- Easier reporting: Residential construction software allows you to easily report on project performance, giving you real-time access to key pieces of information like work in progress.
See How Deltek ComputerEase Can Work For Your Contracting Business
Increase profits and outpace the competition with contractor software that puts you in control.