Deltek Pulse: Justice and public safety month in review, January 2017
In January 2017, Deltek saw an increase of nearly 30% in the number of solicitations coming out of the SLED Justice and Public Safety market compared to the month of December 2016. Most solicitations were for Architecture, Engineering and Construction, followed by Professional Services and Information Technology.
Frequency of Terms in Solicitations
- Camera: 37 (16 state, 21 local)
- Fire Alarm: 56 (19 state, 37 local)
- Radio: 25 (6 state, 19 local)
- Surveillance: 17 (5 state, 12 local)
- CCTV: 5 (3 state, 2 local)
Notable Solicitation Releases
- The Fairfax County, Virginia, Department of Procurement and Material Management released a request for proposals (RFP) to seek vendors willing to participate in a three- to six-month Body Worn Camera Proof-of-Concept Program involving approximately 230 members of the Fairfax County Police Department. Proposals are due by February 28, 2017.
- The San Diego County Department of Purchasing and Contracting, on behalf of the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department, issued an RFP for a Body Worn Camera System. As part of this RFP process, the Sheriff’s Department intends to conduct a 14-day field trial involving approximately 40 cameras. Proposals for this project are due by February 22, 2017.
- The Virginia Information Technologies Agency and the Virginia Department of Social Services have a requirement for a Statewide Fingerprinting Solution. The agencies wish to establish a statewide contract for a network of supplier-established locations for fingerprinting and background information collection within the Commonwealth of Virginia. Proposals are due by February 21, 2017.
Major Contract Award
- The Pennsylvania Department of General Services awarded 27 companies a multiple-award catalog contract to fulfill the requirements of the Commonwealth agencies that seek to purchase Two-Way Radio Communications Equipment and Accessories. This contract is expected to last through December 2019 and is valued at approximately $135 million.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education