Deltek Pulse: Justice and public safety month in review, November 2016
In November 2016, Deltek saw a decrease of approximately 10 percent in the number of solicitations coming out of the SLED Justice and Public Safety market compared to the month of October. Most solicitations were for Professional Services and Architecture, Engineering and Construction. These were followed by Food and Sanitary Products and Services and Information Technology.
Frequency of Terms in Solicitations
- Camera: 25 (8 state, 17 local)
- Fire Alarm: 52 (14 state, 38 local)
- Radio: 22 (9 state, 13 local)
- Surveillance: 25 (7 state, 18 local)
- CCTV: 7 (2 state, 5 local)
Notable Solicitation Releases
- The Pennsylvania Department of General Services released a request for proposals (RFP) for Two-Way Radio Equipment and Services. The Commonwealth is seeking to replace its existing multiple-award catalog contract that is used to provide Pennsylvania’s various agencies with two-way radio equipment. Deltek expects the ensuing contract to be valued at around $40 million based on the value of the existing contract.
- New Hampshire’s Division of State Police is seeking proposals for a complete P25 Public Safety Radio System that will successfully address deficiencies of the current public safety radio system. The New Hampshire State Police currently operates a very high frequency (VHF) band with a blended conventional standalone transmit site and simulcast design. Proposals for this project are due by February 13, 2017.
- The New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision issued an RFP for an Inmate Telephone System that will serve all New York State correctional facilities, inmates, and their families. The department intends to implement an enterprise solution that can be deployed statewide and managed as a single platform to provide pre-paid and collect calling. Proposals are due by January 19, 2017.
Notable Contract Award
- The Alabama 9-1-1 Board awarded INdigital a contract to provide Next Generation 911 Systems and Services for the operation of the ANGEN network currently serving Alabama’s PSAPs. ANGEN is a wireless 9-1-1 call delivery network being utilized in Alabama.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education