Deltek Pulse: Health and human services month in review, October 2016
Solicitation activity increased by 2 percent in October compared to September as states and localities continue to seek solutions and services in the Health and Human Services (HHS) market. More states are planning Medicaid modular procurements, as well as modular upgrades to Child Welfare Information Systems, like in Colorado. The majority of solicitations were in the categories of Medical and Scientific Equipment and Professional and Social Services. In October, there was notably high solicitation activity in Washington state, as well as Colorado, Michigan, and South Carolina.
Notable Solicitation Releases
Medicaid Management Information Systems
- The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) released a request for proposals (RFP) for a System Integration and Operations contractor for the Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) project. The state is pursuing a modular replacement strategy of its MMIS system rather than awarding a single, monolithic contract. Proposals are due by February 7, 2017.
- The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR), on behalf of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC), issued a request for offers (RFO) for Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Services for Medicaid Management Information Systems Certification. Proposals are due by November 16, 2016.
- The Colorado Governor’s Office of Information Technology has issued RFPs for the Colorado Trails Modernization Assessment and Commitment Module as well as the Trails Case Module. These RFPs are part of a modular replacement of the State’s Child Welfare Information System. Proposals for the Assessment and Commitment Module are due by December 14, 2016, and proposals for the Case Module are due on December 15, 2016.
- The California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) released a Narrative RFP for Medi-Cal Program Integrity Data Analytics (MPIDA) services in order to detect and link fraud schemes in the Medi-Cal environment. A subsequent MPIDA Cost RFP is scheduled for release on November 7, 2016. Proposals are due by November 28, 2016.
Notable Contract Award
- The Tennessee Department of Finance and Administration, Division of Health Care Finance and Administration, awarded Deloitte Consulting, LLP a contract for Systems Integration Services for the Eligibility Modernization Project. The contract is effective from October 1, 2016, through September 30, 2020, with 3 one-year renewal options. The value of the contract is $129,130,065.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education