Deltek Pulse: Justice and public safety month in review, May 2016
The month of May saw a slight increase in the total number of solicitations issued across the country, with the most solicitation activity taking place in California, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Maryland.
Frequency of terms in solicitations:
- Camera: 62 (15 state; 47 local)
- Fire alarm: 79 (29 state; 50 local)
- Radio: 23 (10 state; 13 local)
- Surveillance: 18 (4 state; 14 local)
- CCTV: 10 (5 state; 5 local)
- The Michigan Department of Technology, Management, and Budget issued a bid for a new Automated Biometric Identification System to replace the current Automated Fingerprint Identification System. Proposals are due by July 14, 2016.
- The Hawaii Department of Public Safety issued a request for proposals for the replacement of its Inmate Pay Telephone System used at the state’s eight correctional facilities. Proposals are due by June 24, 2016.
- The Indiana Department of Administration released a solicitation for a Credential Issuance Solution for the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Proposals are due by July 25, 2016.
- The Maine Department of Public Safety awarded a contract to Beyond 20/20 Inc. for a Uniform Crime Reporting/National Incident Based Reporting System.
- The City of Detroit, MI, awarded WatchGuard Video a $5.2 million contract for Body Worn Camera Systems.
- The State of Colorado awarded Aviat Networks a contract valued at $27.7 million to replace the state’s Microwave Backhaul Network.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education