5 Facts about State Health and Human Services Budgets
In case you missed Deltek’s White Paper: State Health & Human Services Budget Analysis and Forecast 2015, this week's GovList highlights 5 Facts About HHS Budgets. Check back next week for more from #GovList!
- Health and Human Services spending amounts to nearly 40% of state budgets. In some states (Iowa and Maine, for example) HHS budgets account for nearly 55% of all state spending.
- State HHS budget growth has slowed from its peak during the Affordable Care Act (ACA) implementation, but is still on pace to grow at 3.9% CAGR from 2015-2020.
- Though most ACA-related IT spending is behind us, there are still many opportunities in states that expanded Medicaid.
- Human services IT infrastructure took a backseat to health care programs in the recent past, but this will likely change as states refocus on aging human services technology in the coming years.
- HHS budget growth has outpaced, and will continue to outpace, overall budget and revenue growth. This means increased opportunity for solutions offering efficiency and cost-saving measures. Though states will surely look for solutions to slow HHS growth, there is still abundant opportunity for vendors in the state HHS market.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education