Ajera Users Come Together Virtually for Deltek Insight 2020
Nearly 1,000 Ajera users came together virtually for Deltek Insight 2020 last month creating our largest Ajera user gathering ever! The two-day user conference was not only virtual, but complimentary for our users. Attendees throughout North America had access to two tracks full of sessions led by Ajera experts from across Deltek and the industry.
I joined from our Portland, Oregon office for the Ajera Kickoff session – one of my personal Insight highlights each year because it is our first chance to gather as an Ajera group. The office was empty, but your Ajera team was busy working remotely on enhancements to Ajera that you have been requesting.
What's New in Ajera 9.4?
Ajera 9.4 released in June and makes scheduling and managing your remote employees even easier with the option to Spread Remaining Hours. You can now easily pre-populate your resources hours by week for the life of the project, update manually where necessary, and even catch up and schedule out any remaining hours on the projects. The new Gallery Widget for My Scheduled Hours makes it easy for employees to see which projects they are scheduled to work on in the next 12 weeks. If you aren’t using schedule manager today, it’s time to take another look.
Ajera users in the Deltek Cloud may have noticed that it is much quicker to change passwords. A recent update allows password changes to take effect upon request, making managing remote employees even easier.
What's Coming in Ajera?
Attendees got a sneak peek into our roadmap with the upcoming 9.5 release and 2021 plans.
Ajera 9.5 is scheduled to release later in Q4 and includes the ever-popular request to pay vendor invoices by direct deposit. This new option creates an ACH/NACHA complaint file that can be uploaded to your financial institution.
Ajera users in the Deltek Cloud will also have the ability to log in using Single Sign-On or two-factor authentication (2FA) using Microsoft Azure.
n 2021, we are also looking forward to bringing you intelligent character recognition (ICR) to Touch Expense for Ajera, which will allow you to scan a receipt and automatically create the expense report item. And, because it is intelligent, it will learn over time the activities used to assign different types of expenses and make those assignments automatically for you. We also look forward to adding new browser-based tasks for project managers to enter and manage the reported percent complete on their projects.
DELTEK INSIGHT SPECIAL GUESTS
Some special guests joined me virtually providing highlights from different Ajera teams at Deltek and beyond:
- John Dighton joined from Ajera Engineering. He took over leading your dream-team of Ajera developers and provided an update on the Ajera engineering team. This team works to deliver monthly Ajera cumulative updates (CUs) to make sure we can react quickly to customer feedback. Administrators should keep an eye out for emails regarding these monthly updates the fourth week of each month. Your Ajera developers are passionate about the work they do and look forward to the changes happening in the coming year.
- Damon Shratter highlighted the Deltek Learning Zone (DLZ). The Deltek Learning Zone has everything you need for your Ajera learning journey with individualized learning paths available when you need it. You can learn through learning videos, virtual live classes, self-paced learning and infographics, and checklists. New content is added all the time and updated with each new release. You can even get certified! Contact Deltek University for more information, sample catalogs and assets.
- One of my favorite Ajeraites, Julie Barber from Red Architects, joined us to highlight the Ajera Users Association. The Ajera Users Association (AUA) is an independent group of Ajera users that provide a unique opportunity for learning and networking for any Ajera user. Check out https://www.ajerausers.org/ to find out more about this member-run user group.
LEARNING BEYOND INSIGHT
Now through the end of the year, Ajera users can log in to get on-demand access to all the breakout sessions at no cost to our users! Take advantage of this unique opportunity, re-watch sessions you may have attended live, find sessions you missed and share it with your co-workers to empower and engage all your Ajera users.
- Visit Deltek Insight 2020 virtually when it is convenient for you.
- Subscribe to the Ajera blog to learn about latest releases, best practices, learning opportunities and more.
- Register for the quarterly Ajera Town Hall so you can stay connected with your Ajera team and hear the latest about Ajera and Deltek.
- Subscribe to the Deltek Learning Zone
- Join the Deltek Online Community
While we were together virtually, I enjoyed keeping up with all your questions live in the chat. You all brought a smile to my face with your warm greetings and great feedback on the future of Ajera. I look forward to seeing you again soon, whether virtually or in person, to continue to empower your users and share the latest enhancements for your Ajera solution.