Recognizing Small Business Owners and Their Business Needs
What Is Small Business Week?
Each year, for more than 50 years, the United States has celebrated National Small Business Week, which in 2019 is this week, May 5-11. National Small Business Week recognizes the contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.
As part of SMB Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others from all 50 states and U.S. territories. Every day, they’re working to grow small businesses, create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitiveness (SBA, 2019).
Supporting Small Businesses
Whether your business has 5 or 5,000 people, and regardless of industry, Deltek offers products and services that may help empower your business, and take it to the next level. And we know that in order for our customers to be successful we have to deliver on our promise to provide all businesses, regardless of size, solutions that are easy to use solutions and easy to access, to help power project success.
But when it comes to owning and operating a small business, we understand that doesn’t come without its challenges. Entrepreneurs and small business owners often wear many different hats, juggling everything from hiring and expenses to marketing and sales. And when it comes to allocating precious resources to partners like Deltek to help you grow your business – whether that’s implementing a new ERP, a new talent solution, or getting access to information solutions to help your business development team – you need to find the right partner to meet all of your needs. Deltek proudly support SMBs and we are proud of the Deltek Project Nation community of small businesses that it counts as customers!
Small Business Challenges
If you are an entrepreneur or an SMB owner you may be experiencing some very common challenges such as:
- Business Margins: Are you having difficulty seeing profitability versus non-profitability due to reporting capabilities?
- Resource Scheduling: Are you getting the right resources with the right talent scheduled for the right engagements at the right time?
- Client Invoicing: Are you lacking the functionality to produce quality professional services invoices?
- Lack of Collaboration: Do you have issues between consultants, team members and clients due to disparate systems?
- Productivity Issues: Does your mobile workforce have a need for mobile T&E and project updates?
- Lack of Visibility: Do you know which consulting engagements are and are not making money for your company?
- Winning New Business: Do you have issues with pricing engagements effectively/scoping engagements?
Join Deltek In Celebrating SMB Week
This week on the Deltek Project Nation blog we will feature a variety of topics focused on SMBs, including the importance of customer engagement, the market opportunity in government contracting, working with 8(a) businesses, as well as understanding the details behind being CAS compliant.
- Customer Experience
- Customer Spotlight
- Data and Analytics
- Deltek Cares
- Deltek Insight
- Deltek News
- Deltek Project Nation Community
- Digital Transformation
- Executive Spotlight
- Financial Management
- Gender Diversity in the Workplace
- Industry Analysis
- Organization and Culture
- Partner Spotlight
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Small Business
- Transformational Trends
- User Experience