Deltek Insight 2015 is less than a month away and now is the time to start planning to make it your best conference yet. Whether you are a first-time Insight attendee or a veteran, there are tips to help you get the most out of your time in Nashville.
For several years, I attended Deltek Insight as a customer and am often asked what I recommend to first-time attendees or Insight veterans. This year, I’m providing 7 ways for you to Know More and Do More at Insight.
- Prepare More – as you prepare for 2016, what business challenge are you facing that you need Vision to help you solve? Talk to your core Vision team internally and develop a list of questions you want answered to help make your firm more successful. Write down your questions. This will become your guide for the week so you can pick the sessions you need to get your questions answered.
- Schedule More – don’t wait until you get to Nashville to choose your sessions. Use the agenda builder and select your sessions now so you know you can get all your questions answered and make the most of your time at Insight. Next week, I’ll post some must-see Vision sessions to add to your schedule.
- Network More – one more thing before you head to Nashville is to reach out to your user group members, LinkedIn Vision groups or other Vision users you know to see who else is going to Insight. From the Welcome reception to Celebrate Insight, there are plenty of opportunities to network with other users and meet people that can be incredible resources after the conference.
- Share More – plan now to share later. You’ll come back from Insight with a lot of ideas, answers and contacts. Before you even leave, schedule a meeting with the other attendees from your firm or by yourself to create a summary of your experience and then a second meeting to share it with the key stakeholders in your firm. Identify the answers to your key questions and business challenges and share your lessons learned to improve your processes.
- Write More – take notes about how you can apply what you learn to your solution, not the details of the presentation. The presentations will be available after Insight to all attendees, so spend your time making note of things you saw from other customers or something you learned at lunch that can help solve your business challenges. Whether it is pen and paper or on your tablet, be sure you are writing down your light bulb moments at the conference before you forget.
- Eat More – I’m not just talking about the quantity of food, although Insight is always full of plenty of tasty food choices. Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or even a snack, don’t eat by yourself. This is a great time to strike up a conversation with someone else so you can share your experiences and get some of your questions answered. Grab that second dessert and enjoy the conversation.
- Ask More – be inquisitive! This conference is for you, the attendee. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Set up a “Meet the Experts” appointment with a Deltek expert, connect with speakers for more clarification, talk with other users and just ask more.
Start planning today and we’ll see you in Nashville! If you have other tips to share, please post them in the comments. What is the best tip you’ve ever received for a conference like this?
Not registered yet? Get registered today!
- 36th Annual Clarity AE Industry Study
- 37th Annual Clarity AE Study
- Architecture, Engineering & Construction
- Business Development
- Business Intelligence
- Deltek iAccess for Vision
- Deltek Insight
- Deltek Vision
- Financial Management
- Govwin IQ
- Mgmt IT Consulting
- Professional Services
- Professional Services
- Project Management
- Resource Planning
- Talent Management
- Touch for Vision
- Trends & Events
- Vision Accounting/Finance
- Vision CRM
- Vision in the Cloud
- Vision Planning
- Vision Purchasing