Advocate Program Guidelines
The Deltek Advocate Program provides a unique opportunity for enthusiasts of Deltek products to refer potential customers to Deltek. Should an approved referral ultimately result in the purchase of eligible Deltek products, the Advocate would be eligible to earn a commission. The following information describes the terms of the Deltek Advocate Program, and specifies the Deal Registration process for effectively referring a new customer opportunity to Deltek.
As a member of the Deltek Advocate Program, Advocates are eligible to earn a commission of 10% on one year of Annual Contract Value (ACV) when referring net new opportunities that result in closed sales of eligible products (up to $15,000.00 USD).
Example: 3 Year agreement with a total contract value of $30,000.00 (ACV = $10,000.00)
$10,000.00 x .10 = $1,000.00 commission earned by Advocate (paid one time)
Deal Registration Policies and Process
- Submit a potential referral candidate for Deltek Products (“Referral Lead”) using one of the Advocate Deal Registration pages: New Advocate or Established Advocate
- Deltek will accept or reject the Referral Lead within ten (10) business days. Any Referral Lead that Deltek does not accept within ten (10) days shall be considered rejected.
- Deltek will accept a lead that is a Net New opportunity to Deltek.
- Deltek will reject a Referral Lead that is (1) a prospect with a currently pending Deltek sales opportunity, or (2) a prospective transaction for which Deltek has already accepted a Referral Lead from another party.
- One hundred and eighty (180) days after approval, if a referral lead has not resulted in a closed sale, such lead will expire (“Expired Lead”) unless extended in writing by mutual agreement. Commissions are not payable on Expired Leads.
- Deltek expects Advocates to generate Referral Leads from their personal and professional network. Referral Leads from publicly available RFP/RFQ or “Bid Board” sources are not acceptable and subject to revocation.
- Commissions will be paid to Advocate on approved Referral Leads after receipt of Customer’s payment to Deltek.
- Deltek reserves the right to manage this opportunity via a direct Deltek Sales rep or an Authorized Deltek Partner
Eligibility and Limitations
- Applies only to opportunities that are net new to Deltek
- Applies to:
- Net new customers
- Add-ons or Conversions purchased by existing customers
- New products sold to existing customers
- Expansions, maintenance, services and other sale types are specifically excluded
- Any opportunities previously known to Deltek and in an open stage of a sales process in Deltek’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) are specifically excluded
- Opportunity must be registered, approved, and valid at time of sale per definitions below
- Commissions will be paid to Company on accepted Referral Leads after receipt of Customer’s payment to Deltek. Commissions to Company shall be calculated as follows, subject to the maximum commission below:
- 10% of ACV for on-premise license fees (not including maintenance) or initial term license fees (includes new, add-on and conversions), for Deltek Products
- 10% of ACV for new subscription fees for initial subscription period (software as a service referrals) for Deltek Products (excludes renewals)
- 10% of ACV for add-on subscription fees for initial subscription period (software as a service referrals) for Deltek Products
- 10% of ACV subscription fees for product conversions for initial subscription period (software as a service referrals) for Deltek Products
- The maximum commission for any closed sale is Fifteen Thousand US Dollars ($15,000) or local currency equivalent for any combination of eligible Deltek Products. Commissions are paid in the currency in which the sale was transacted. Deltek reserves the right to revoke a Referral Lead acceptance.
- Advocate’s account must be in good standing with Deltek to receive commissions. Deltek may offset any commissions against any outstanding balance due to Deltek by Advocate.
- Either party may terminate the Deltek Advocate Agreement upon providing written notice. Deltek will pay commissions on sales up to the termination date but will accept no new Referral Leads after the notice of termination.
- If Advocate does not refer a new opportunity to Deltek within a twelve (12) month period then Deltek, at its sole discretion, may terminate the Deltek Advocate Agreement and deactivate Advocate’s account.
- Net new opportunity: an opportunity that does not already exist in Deltek’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) in any open stage of a sales process.
- Eligible product: all eligible products will be listed on one of Advocate Deal Registration pages: New Advocate or Established Advocate
- Commission: amount paid to the Advocate upon closure of an approved registered opportunity.
- Add-on: when a Deltek customer obtains additional Deltek Products not previously purchased.
- Conversion: converting a customer from their Deltek Product to another Deltek Product (e.g., Deltek GCS to Costpoint conversions).
- Perpetual license: a license sold to a customer for a one-time fee, paid up front, to be used in perpetuity.
- Annual Contract Value (“ACV”): means scheduled revenues, divided by the months in the term of the contract, multiplied by twelve.
- If the months in term of the contract are less than 12 months, the ACV will equal the total contract value.
- Referral lead: the submission of prospective customer information and qualifying information that indicates there is an interest in Deltek products.