Review of MasterSpec Q4 2021 Update
The Deltek team is pleased to announce that the MasterSpec® Q4 2021 update is available for download and installation. With this release, MasterSpec is also accessible via Specpoint. Specpoint is the new vehicle for delivering MasterSpec in a digital environment, maximizing technology to help you develop high quality construction specifications. For existing customers, upon renewal of your annual MasterSpec subscription, you will be provided access to Specpoint! We encourage you to take advantage of the updates offered in this MasterSpec Q4 2021 release.
What's New in the Q4 2021 Update
The MasterSpec® Q4 2021 Update is now available to licensed MasterSpec customers for cloud access through SpecBuilder Cloud and for download from the MasterSpec login and select the Updates & Downloads section. MasterSpec subscribers can access the Q4 2021 Update via Specpoint.
This fourth release of the year contains 54 Sections. Along with full technical revisions and selective updates to content, this release includes the following two additions to the MasterSpec library:
- 102113.43 Phenolic-Core Pedestal-Mounted Privacy Toilet Compartments: Section specifies phenolic-core pedestal-mounted privacy toilet compartments, commonly referred to as European-style partitions, consisting of taller than average panels, pilasters, doors, and screens fabricated from melamine-faced solid phenolic that are assembled and installed using the manufacturer's standard brackets (fittings), pedestal supports, and hardware configured as toilet enclosures, entrance screens, and urinal screens designed to maximize privacy.
- 221414 Storm Drainage Piping: Section specifies storm drainage piping/tubing and fittings inside the building, including hub-and-spigot and hubless cast-iron, galvanized-steel, copper, ABS, PVC, specialty pipe fittings, and encasement for underground metal piping. It incorporates relevant content from withdrawn Section 221413 Facility Storm Drainage Piping.
The following Sections in Divisions 10, 22, and 23 have received a comprehensive update:
- 102113.13 Metal Toilet Compartments: Technical revisions were made throughout Section, including added delegated design submittal option for grab bars mounted on toilet compartment panels; fire-performance and smoke-development requirements; and structural performance requirements for panels with panel-mounted grab bars.
- 102113.14 Stainless Steel Toilet Compartments: Technical revisions were made throughout Section, including added fire-performance and smoke-development requirements and structural performance requirements for panels with panel-mounted grab bars, along with discussion of fire-test-response characteristics in the Evaluations.
- 102113.16 Plastic-Laminate-Clad Toilet Compartments: Technical revisions were made throughout Section, including added option for latch with occupancy indicator, along with discussion of no-sightline systems and fire-test-response characteristics in the Evaluations.
- 102113.17 Phenolic-Core Toilet Compartments: Technical revisions were made throughout Section, including added structural performance requirements for panels with panel-mounted grab bars and updated available materials for fitting, hardware, and accessories, along with updated accessibility and sustainable design considerations in the Evaluations.
- 102113.19 Plastic Toilet Compartments: Selective technical revisions were made throughout Section, including updated available hardware and accessories; added structural performance requirements and source limitations; and updated sustainability requirements.
- 102113.40 Stone Toilet Compartments: Technical revisions were made throughout Section, including added requirements for stile and rail wood doors and stile and rail louvered wood doors, along with added option for overhead-raced mounting style and discussion of overhead-braced units in the Evaluations.
- 221423 Storm Drainage Piping Specialties: Technical revisions were made throughout Section, including reorganized and updated product types for roof drain, cleanout, and backwater valve, along with updated manufacturers.
- 232300 Refrigerant Piping: Technical revisions were made throughout Section, including updated manufacturers and products, sustainable design submittal, and product descriptions and operating requirements; added delivery, storage, and handling requirements; and additional information for line test pressures.
- 238316 Radiant-Heating Hydronic Piping: Technical revisions were made throughout Section, including updated manufacturers and product types; updated minimum temperature and pressure readings for pipe and fittings; and clarified product descriptions and requirements.
In addition to technical content updates, all Sections in this release have received nontechnical revisions for improved functionality and editing capability in Specpoint.
As always, MasterSpec Sections continue to receive technical revisions based on subscriber feedback. Please continue to use the link at the top of each MasterSpec Section to submit feedback or questions related to MasterSpec content.
How to Access the Q4 2021 Update
MasterSpec Licensed Customers:
Access the update from the MasterSpec login and select Updates & Downloads section of the Deltek website.
- Within the MasterSpec login see the User Resources section to find MasterSpec Supporting Documents, Tables of Contents, and Standards Organizations.
- For questions about downloading files from our website or running the installations for MasterSpec, please reach out to our support team by visiting support.deltek.com. You may reference Knowledge Article 100050 or open a support ticket, and a Customer Care Analyst will assist you.
e-SPECS Customers Licensed for MasterSpec:
The updated Section list and link to download the update file are in the Release Notes.
- Note: The MasterSpec for e-SPECS Q4 2021 update applies to e-SPECS versions 9.x. and later. If you are running an earlier version of e-SPECS, contact your support representative to upgrade to a current version before applying the MasterSpec update.
Questions about your MasterSpec Subscription
If you have questions about the MasterSpec Q4 2021 update, contact your customer success manager for assistance.
Deltek Specpoint Speed Session
January 12, 2022 – 2:00 pm (EST)
About the Author
Denise McDaniel is an experienced professional with a passion for helping AEC firms know more about their business and do more for their clients. As a Product Marketing Manager, she leads the Deltek Specifications Solutions product positioning and messaging by providing key insights, benchmarks, and trends to A&E firms. Her experience working in both the software technology sector and for a general contractor/construction management firm brings a unique perspective to the Deltek Specifications product line.