MasterSpec Fourth Update 2020
Deltek is pleased to release the MasterSpec® Q4 2020 update to all licensed MasterSpec and MasterSpec for e-SPECS customers. This last release of the year contains 75 Sections, including 19 full technical updates, 9 new sustainability Sections in Div. 01 (listed below), and selective revisions to technical topics across the MasterSpec library.
New Sustainability Sections:
- 018113.18 Sustainable Design Requirements - LEED 2009 for Schools (reissued content under new number with minor updates throughout Section)
- 018113.20 Sustainable Design Requirements - LEED v4.1 BD+C: New Construction and Major Renovation
- 018113.21 Sustainable Design Requirements - LEED v4.1 ID+C: Interior Design and Construction
- 018113.22 Sustainable Design Requirements - LEED v4.1 BD+C: Core and Shell Development
- 018113.24 Sustainable Design Requirements - LEED v4.1 BD+C: Hospitality
- 018113.25 Sustainable Design Requirements - LEED v4.1 BD+C: Retail
- 018113.26 Sustainable Design Requirements - LEED v4.1 BD+C: Healthcare
- 018113.27 Sustainable Design Requirements - LEED v4.1 BD+C: Warehouses and Distribution Centers
- 018113.28 Sustainable Design Requirements - LEED v4.1 BD+C: Data Centers
Noteworthy in this release is the technical revision of:
- Section 088853 Security Glazing: Include the addition of a product type for laminated glass security glazing and a manufacturer list for polycarbonate security glazing. Forced-entry and ballistic-resistance Class designations and blast-resistant hazard ratings were also revised to comply with updated standards.
In addition to technical updates made across the library, six Sections have received changes to number and/or title for compliance with MasterFormat® 2020 guidance:
- 018113.23 Sustainable Design Requirements - LEED v4.1 BD+C: Schools (existing content reissued under a new number with updates throughout Section)
- 087113 Power Door Operators (formerly, Automatic Doors Operators)
- 119812 Detention Doors and Frames (formerly, 083463)
- 119814 Detention Door Hardware (formerly, 087163)
- 119821 Detention Windows (formerly, 087163)
- 265568 Athletic Field Lighting (existing content reissued under new number with minor updates throughout Section)
The following Section numbers have been withdrawn from the MasterSpec library:
MasterSpec Sections continue to receive technical revisions based on subscriber feedback. Please continue to use the link at the top of each MasterSpec Section to submit feedback or questions related to MasterSpec content.
Please visit the User Resources section of our website to find MasterSpec Supporting Documents, Tables of Contents, and Standards Organizations.
For questions about downloading files from our website or running the installations for MasterSpec, please reach out to our support team by visiting support.deltek.com. You may reference knowledge article 100050 or open a support ticket and a Customer Care Analyst will assist you. If your license has expired, please contact us to renew your license.
AIA Research: Journey to Specification
The Role of Specifications in Sustainable Design
About the Author
Denise McDaniel is an experienced professional with a passion for helping AEC firms know more about their business and do more for their clients. As a Sr. Product Marketing Specialist, she leads the Deltek Specifications Solutions product positioning and messaging by providing key insights, benchmarks, and trends to A&E firms. Her experience working in both the software technology sector and for a general contractor/construction management firm brings a unique perspective to the Deltek Specifications product line.