Technology is at the core of how we work in today’s world and software is just one of the many tools we leverage for maximum productivity. At Deltek, we understand how important it is to continually deliver on your software investment. In this article, we recap the latest e-SPECS version 12.2 product updates, deployed to licensed e-SPECS customers, and preview the upcoming release of e-SPECS version 13.0, slated for release in September 2020.
e-SPECS version 12.2 was released to customers June 10th and the following is a summary of this product update release.
Highlights of e-SPECS Linx & Revit Version 12.2
- The basic toolbar ordering and symbols insertion has been modified to allow a quicker and easier way to locate items via the consolidated menu option. The drop down insert accommodates special characters and symbols similar to Microsoft Word functionality and is now available in e-SPECS.
- The Project Query Tool has a new “save search” feature to allow the user to save various searches and aids in accurate and efficient data searches. An updated interface has also been implement resulting in faster search query results. Also added are 10 new filters.
- The option to use Format > Bold All Text in Brackets which is maintained, even when switching Style Guides. Use the format drop down option to bold all text and then is applied globally to any bracketed properties throughout the project.
- When any export PDF file type is executed, a bookmark appears on the PDF that matches the checklist content and hierarchy.
- UFGS formatting enhancements to styles (submittals, references, sub-parts 1 & 2, sub-part text) are retained during export.
- UFGS export manager now displays .sec file options, without the secondary dialog that was occurring in versions prior to 12.2 when exporting a .sec file format. This is now consolidated into the export manager and much faster overall.
- Revit 2021 Plug-In is now its own separate installer. Contains the same functionality as previous plug-ins.
Deltek Insight 2020
Join us to learn more about Deltek Specification Solutions and how we are revolutionizing specifications
Highlights of e-SPECS Designer Version 12.2
- Support for special characters and symbols of insertion within edit mode using Text > Symbols. Imported sections can now support additional symbols or special characters from Microsoft Word. The user is now able to see these characters in e-SPECS as intended.
- The option to use Format > Text > Bold All Text in Brackets which applies when switching Style Guides. Same functionality as noted in item 3 for Linx and Revit.
- When a mapped paragraph is deleted in edit mode, the section checklist will now update without the need to close and re-open the section to execute a manual refresh – this is now automated. Prior to version 12.2, when mapping a paragraph you had to close the section and re-open the section in order to update the checklist and tags underneath it with a manual refresh.
- Units of measure styling is now retained on imported files without the need to refresh formatting. Now, if you are importing specific sections you no longer need to refresh the section styles. This is now done automatically.
What’s Coming in e-SPECS Version 13.0 Release?
Upcoming features planned for version 13.0 slated for release in September 2020 include:
- Submission Manager to use Export Manager settings in previewer and output path
- Even/Odd page handling for Headers and Footers – updating user interface to allow for this and also part of Export Manager as well now can customize even/odd pages or retain the same headers/footers across the board
- Table Enhancements – to more closely resemble Microsoft Word Table functionality
- Navigation bookmark for section names on Project Manuals – will offer a more efficient way to navigate a PDF version of an export
- Enhancements to Referenced Section warnings
- Checklist enhancements to further automate Project Criteria within Designer
- Enhancements to the Revit Integration process to provide viewable/editable checklist for Revit users – modify checklist within Revit and also do a clash detection within e-SPECS itself
A full review of the Specification Solutions product roadmap will be shared during Deltek’s annual Insight customer conference to be held in a virtual format on September 15-16. Don’t miss out on hearing the latest news for the Specification Solutions product line and how Deltek continues to further enhance and develop specification tools to maximum delivery of your building projects.
About the Author
Denise McDaniel is an experienced professional with a passion for helping AEC firms know more about their business and do more for their clients. As a Sr. Product Marketing Specialist, she leads the Deltek Specifications Solutions product positioning and messaging by providing key insights, benchmarks, and trends to A&E firms. Her experience working in both the software technology sector and for a general contractor/construction management firm brings a unique perspective to the Deltek Specifications product line.