Boost Your Deltek WorkBook Security with Two-Factor Authentication
Because Deltek WorkBook is a cloud-based agency management system, you can be confident that your agency’s data is secure. But as you embark on your digital transformation to run a better business and manage a distributed workforce from anywhere, it becomes more important that you do everything you can to make sure your data is as secure as it can be. By enabling two-factor authentication, you can add another level of security and protection to your WorkBook system. This second security layer makes it much harder for someone to break into your WorkBook system, even if they have access to your password.
To require two-factor authentication for all users:
- 1. Go to Settings > Global System Settings > System Variables
- 2. Under Security, check the box for System Variable 1167 that will require all employees to set up two factor authentication upon logging in
If it is not required at the settings level, users will then need to enable two-factor authentication in their own system:
- 1. Go to My settings > Login Settings
- 2. Press the button stating: Enable Two-Factor Authentication.
- 3. Then follow the instructions:
- Follow the links to download Google Authenticator to your device.
- Open the app and scan the QR code.
- Input the 6-digit number, then click Apply. This will activate two-factor authentication.
- Employees will need to have their mobile device handy, every time they log in to WorkBook.
WorkBook Product Portal
Find More Resources to Take Your Product Knowledge to the Next Level
Deltek Project Nation Newsletter
Subscribe to receive the latest news and best practices across a range of relevant topics and industries.