Effective Date: February 28, 2023
Deltek’s Privacy Practices – A Summary
- Who Do We Collect Personal Information From?
We collect personal information from visitors to our websites, our customers, end users of our products and services, third parties, and people who attend events (both virtual and in-person) that are offered by Deltek.
- What Do We Collect?
We may collect personal information (sometimes called personal data) such as contact information (names, email addresses, phone numbers), commercial information (products or services purchased, obtained, or considered), network activity information (IP address, logging information, product usage), audio information (phone calls with customer support), professional information (your current role or job history), and geolocation information. For a complete list of the types of personal information we have collected in the last 12 months, see “How We Collect Information” and the “California Addendum” below.
- Why Do We Collect It?
We may use the personal information for a variety of purposes including to: help you use or to improve our Sites and Services; provide you with customer support; communicate with you; fulfill a contract with you; enforce our legal rights and obligations; and inform you of offerings or products from Deltek or our Partner Network.
- Who Do We Disclose Information To?
We may disclose or transfer your personal information to our service providers (e.g., those who provide services on our behalf such as information technology and related infrastructure, analytics, and auditing); other Deltek entities; third party members of our Deltek Partner Network; as needed to comply with law; as part of a future corporate restructuring; or as directed by you or with your consent.
- How Can You Control Your Personal Information?
You have several rights with respect to your personal information, including to unsubscribe from all marketing communications from Deltek; to correct, to delete, or request access to your personal information; and to prevent the sale or certain sharing of your personal information. Information on how to exercise these rights (as well as exceptions that may apply) are below. If you have any questions about these rights or Deltek’s privacy practices, please reach out using one of the means listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
- How We Collect Information
We Collect Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information that you provide to us, depending on how you interact with us. For example, you may provide personal information to us when you:
- Sign up to receive communications, participate in events, access Deltek resources, or otherwise communicate with us.For example, you may provide information such as your name, email address, physical address, phone number, employment information, and mobile phone number.
- Order or purchase our products or services.
- Share product feedback or submit requests for information.
- Pursue employment with us.
When you purchase a product or service, you may provide your payment information to us such as financial account information, credit and debit card numbers, expiration date, and CVV as well as other professional information such as your title and business contact information.
We may also collect information when you share stories, content, experiences, suggestions, preferences or other input (e.g., expressing your preferences, comments, complaints, etc.), or submit requests for information from us. This includes information you share when you access or interact with Deltek on pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn or contact us by email or phone or in-person.
We Collect Information Automatically or From Others
We may obtain some personal information automatically when you access or use our Services or Sites.
Traffic Data. Our Services and Sites automatically track and collect your IP address, domain server, type of computer or device, and type of web browser. This helps us customize your online experience, provide security features, and assists with our marketing.
In a nutshell, the following are examples of information we collect with these automated technologies:
- Your IP address, browser type, and operating system;
- The mobile device you use and its temporary or persistent unique device identifiers;
- Pages you view within our Sites;
- Video viewing history for videos you watch on the Sites;
- Emails from us that you open and/or forward; and/or
- Offers or links from us to which you connect.
Information collected automatically may be combined with other personal information we have about you so that we can improve and customize the Sites and Services and our communications and promotions. When we know how you interact with our Sites and Services, we can serve you better.
We may also collect personal information from third-party providers and business partners, including participants in the Deltek Marketplace/Partner Network, public databases, social media platforms, or third parties such as analytics or advertising and marketing providers, where permitted under applicable law.
We use the information we collect, on its own and combined with other information we collect about you, for the following purposes:
- Providing our Sites or Services to you.
- Communicating with you (such as about products, services, events, promotions and other offers and respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, stories, or postings. We may also provide information on our employment opportunities and job openings). You can unsubscribe from our email marketing communications at any time.
- Customizing and improving your experience.We use your information to tailor our Sites and Services, promotions, and communications so that they are more useful and relevant to you, such as through targeted advertising and messaging personalization.
- Getting to know our customers. Your information helps us understand your preferences and provide and improve support related to our product and service offerings and marketing efforts. For example, we may use your information to: develop our products, services, promotions, and other offers; respond to your requests, suggestions, and other communications; improve our Services and business operations; and conduct research and analysis for marketing, business and other operational purposes.
- Marketing and advertising.We promote our products and services and aim to provide tailored ads to you and others. We may advertise our products and services using third-party websites or online services.
- Fraud detection, security, legal enforcement and compliance.We use your information to protect the security and integrity of our Sites and Services, for enforcement of our agreement with you (for example, our Deltek General Terms or other similarly applicable agreement) and our compliance with our applicable law.
- When we process information as de-identified information, we will not re-identify such de-identified information, except as permitted under applicable law.
Overall, Deltek will normally collect your information with your consent, to perform a contract (for example, when providing Services), or where the processing is in Deltek’s legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, Deltek may also have a legal obligation to process personal information or may need to do so to exercise, establish, or defend legal claims.
To perform our Services, we may disclose your information within Deltek and to third parties for the purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” Section, or with your consent. We may disclose your information to the following types of third parties:
- Within Deltek to our related corporate entities.
We disclose personal information within Deltek and to our related entities to provide our products, services, promotions, and other Services to you and for our marketing purposes, in accordance with applicable law.
- Service providers
We disclose personal information to third-party service providers that provide a variety of services on our behalf or at your direction, including but not limited to the development, maintenance, and support of the Services and social media pages, payment processing, online and mobile application ordering, delivery of products and services, the distribution of email and mobile messages, promotions, advertising services, and marketing research and analysis.
- Other entities
We may also disclose the personal information we collect to our analytics and advertising vendors and partners to develop analysis and business intelligence for our advertising and marketing purposes.
We may also share personal information as may be necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Deltek or related entities, and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, service providers, or any other person or entity; to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process (which may include access by courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities in the US or other jurisdictions), or in connection with a legal investigation; to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable law; or in accordance with your consent.
We provide you with the opportunity to access, update or delete certain information and to unsubscribe or opt-out from certain communications. For example, you may exercise your choices as described below. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect and use your personal information, we may not be able to deliver certain products, services, promotions, and offerings to you.
- Opportunity to access, update and delete your information
You may request to access, delete, or update your personal information by:
Please be aware that your right to request to access, delete, or update your personal information may be limited by applicable exceptions such as Deltek’s obligation to perform an ongoing contract with you or to satisfy Deltek’s own legal compliance obligations.
- Communications Preferences
You may choose how and whether to receive promotional or marketing communications from us. At any time, you can manage your communication preferences via the Email Preference Center or you may unsubscribe from receiving such communications by utilizing the “unsubscribe” or opt-out feature within the communication. Requests to unsubscribe from Deltek communications may also be made by contacting Deltek via the methods indicated in “Contact Us.”
Because we plan our communications in advance, it may take up to 5 business days for your “unsubscribe” request to become effective. If you continue to receive our communications after submitting an “unsubscribe” request, please let us know by contacting us using one of the methods listed in the “Contact Us” Section so that we can investigate the situation. Please note that we may continue to send transactional or service-related messages to you and that you may not submit unsubscribe request on behalf of someone else.
We seek to keep your personal information secure by implementing reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to help us protect such information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We also ask our third-party service providers to use reasonable security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. However, please be aware that no method of electronically transmitting or storing information is ever completely secure. For more information on security related to Deltek’s products, please see our Security and Trust page.
- Information We Have Collected
We have collected the following categories of California Personal Information within the last 12 months from the sources listed below:
(a) Identifiers, such as a real name, physical address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers. This category of information is collected from you, your devices, and third parties as described above in “How We Collect Information”.
(b) Personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 (California customer records statute), such as a name, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or other payment information. This category of information is collected from you, your devices, or other third parties such as our business partners.
(c) Commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. This category of information is collected from you, your devices, or other third parties such as our business partners.
(d) Internet or other similar network activity, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, browser settings like language preference, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. This category of information is collected from you and your devices.
(e) Geolocation data. This category of information is collected from you and your devices.
(f) Sensory data, including electronic, visual, or similar information. This category of information, such as photos or recordings of phone calls with Deltek personnel, is collected from you and third parties such as our business partners.
(g) Inferences, such as a profile about a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, and behavior, drawn from information we collect and insights we receive from third parties such as our marketing and advertising partners and data analytics providers.
(h) Sensitive personal information, such as account login information allowing access to an account, race, and ethnicity, in each case as further described above in the relevant categories. Additionally, as part of onboarding customers or hiring employees, we may also collect FEIN or SSN for legal compliance. Please note we do not collect sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you.
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information, including:
- The right to know what California Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of California Personal Information, the categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing California Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose California Personal Information, and the specific pieces of California Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The right to correct inaccurate California Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- The right to delete California Personal Information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. For example, we may not be able to delete your information when you have a contract with us or are actively engaged with Deltek on a product support issue.
- The right to opt out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of California Personal Information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration. You also have the right to opt out of the sharing of California Personal Information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the business for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by applicable law, including the right not to be retaliated against for the exercise of your rights.Deltek will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
You may request to exercise these rights by:
As required under applicable law, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide your first name, last name, email address, and other information to verify your identity. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law. When you submit a request to exercise your rights above, we will use the information you provide to process your request and to maintain a record of your request and our response, as permitted under applicable law.
Under California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. We will require the agent to provide proof of that written permission. To the extent permitted by law, we may require you to verify your own identity in response to a request, even if you choose to use an agent.
If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of a California consumer, please complete our privacy rights request form available here.
Under the GDPR, you may submit inquiries or concerns to your data protection authority or another appropriate regulator about Deltek’s collection and processing of your Personal Data. For more information, you should contact the appropriate local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area are available here.
Under the CCPA, you may also submit inquiries or concerns about Deltek’s collection and processing of your Personal Data. In addition to those methods noted in “Contact Us,” California consumers may contact Deltek via our US toll-free number 1-800-456-2009, option 4 to submit your request or inquiry.
Written requests or notifications may be sent to:
Deltek - Office of the General Counsel
2291 Wood Oak Drive
Herndon, VA 20171 USA