wInsight Analytics offers a range of implementations, including a presentation (client) tier, web/application tier and mobile support. Please read below for operating system and software requirement details.
PRESENTATION (CLIENT) TIER
As the first logical tier, the client tier encompasses a standard browser, Microsoft® Internet Explorer, and a small Analyzer AJAX client. The client tier also includes support for a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure direct, secure connections over the internet. (Where applicable, dashboard designers will utilize a Windows client/server design tool typically installed on the wInsight Analytics application server.)
- Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista, or Windows 7/8
- Internet Explorer v8, v9, v10
- Firefox 6 or later
- Chrome 12 or later
- Safari 5 or later
MOBILE ACCESS SUPPORT
- iOS4 Devices or later
- Mobile Safari
For the web tier, standards and products include Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) and QlikView Web Service. The web tier passes requests from browser to server and vice versa, while also packaging and un-packaging data. This tier contains no business logic.
The application tier, built around QlikView Server, is also known as the “heart of the application” for wInsight Analytics. This tier maintains both user sessions and manages application transactions. Included in the application tier is QVS.exe, which does all the heavy lifting of the application to load data to memory then query that data. The distribution service goes through our business logic to create files for each specific user’s needs.
- Windows Server 2008 SP3 Standard/Enterprise Edition, 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard/Enterprise Edition, 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012, Standard/Enterprise Edition, 64-bit
- Internet Information Services v7.x or QlikView Web Service
- Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0+
- QlikView Server v11
- QlikView Publisher v11
- QlikView Enterprise Management Console v11
A separate and dedicated database server is not required. wInsight Analytics uses your wInsight Analytics database environment as its data source and does not require a database instance of its own. However, it is recommended to review and evaluate the current performance and available resources of your database environment on a regular basis to ensure optimal performance of your overall Deltek solution.
Manually or electronically enter information related to the project by:
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS)
- Initial contract/project data
- Management exception thresholds (manual update only)
Earned value data can be entered and tracked in dollars and/or hours. Manually or electronically enter information related to period-based performance data such as planned, earned, actual and estimates. Organize data by:
- Specified period
Use the industry's most flexible tool for defining the level of data exported for the WBS and OBS.
- Generate UN/CEFACT XML or ANSI X12 839 electronic data transfer (EDI) files
- Get a visual approach for identifying the level at which each leg of the WBS/OBS will be exported
Safe and secure
Perform database backup and restore operations on a single project, selected projects, or all projects.
- Get peace and mind and full control over your data
- Define user access on a project by project basis as either read-write, read only or no access
- Limit access within a project or projects based on user defined filters