AEC Business Solutions
AEC Business Solutions helps A&E firms improve employee performance and profits. Based on 25 years as a Deltek partner and the best-selling book, Find the Lost Dollars: 6 Steps to Increase Profits in Architecture, Engineering and Environmental Firms, we help to reduce scope creep, improve efficiency, develop better business processes and transform culture to focus on business success.
Our business management assessment and training program transforms technical professionals into business leaders and prepares them to lead successful and profitable projects. We help align people, processes and systems so employees will perform at their highest potential.
Business Management Assessment
Quickly assess 9 areas of your business to find out where your processes, systems and training could be failing your employees and leaking your profits. The Find the Lost Dollars Business Management Assessment is a completely automated anonymous employee survey that probes the minds of your staff to understand where bottlenecks, redundant systems, and time-wasting business practices are frustrating them, slowing down their work and keeping them from delivering profitable, successful projects. The assessment provides detailed data to prepare your executives to make critical business decisions. An AEC Business Solutions Advisor will review the results with your Executive Team.
Data to Make Decisions
Obtain real data for strategic planning and to determine where to invest.
Leverage Your Employees’ Talent
Give employees a voice and leverage their ideas to improve business practices.
Evaluate Business Systems/Processes
Understand how to optimize your Deltek system and develop processes that support employees.
Benefits By Role
The Find the Lost Dollars Business Management Assessment is an automated survey that probes the minds and opinions of employees in 9 areas of your business. For each area it provides scores by People, Process and Technology, giving you clear data of where your firm is strong, average, or possibly struggling.
- Determine if software systems are supporting employees in their work and providing necessary information for them to be successful in their jobs
- Identify inefficiencies, misaligned communication or outright intentional avoidance of following company processes, slowing down work and keeping employees from delivering profitable projects
- Learn why certain teams or business units may be underperforming and what to do about it
You may have worked hard to improve business operations, but your employees might still be struggling with bottlenecks, ineffective processes, inadequate communication and lack of training. This will cause projects to leak profits!
The Find the Lost Dollars Business Management Assessment is an automated employee survey that probes the minds and opinions of your staff in 9 critical areas of your business. Engage and leverage the ideas of your employees to gain new insights. Use the reported results to understand:
- Do you have the right processes and systems, and is anyone even using them?
- How and where could better business processes and systems make a huge impact on your profits?
- Why are certain business units performing better than others?
- Do you have consensus on business related matters within your e-team?
- Where should you invest in training and systems in your firm to increase employee performance and profitability and accelerate growth?
As an operations professional, you want to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness for your firm. The Find the Lost Dollars Business Management Assessment is an automated employee survey that asks employees 160 questions covering 9 critical areas of your business. For each area, we provide scores by People, Process and Systems, giving you clear data of where your firm is strong, average, or possibly struggling. The data can be analyzed by groups to provide further insight into where there may be issues with offices, teams, business units or by role. You’ll gain insights and real data that will help you:
- Make the right decisions about where to spend money
- Figure whether processes are working or not, and why
- Decide where to invest in new systems and software tools
- Know what training is necessary for your staff to get them to perform better
- Analyze where specific bottlenecks are slowing down productivity
Business Management Training Program
Your employees didn’t learn business skills in college, and often “give away” your profits because they don’t know how to ask clients for money or control project costs. The Find the Lost Dollars Business Management Training Program offers 10 online courses combined with group discussions that teaches employees business skills and leads to improved business practices and use of systems. The courses are interactive and provide a curriculum of firm financial and project management, including what key metrics in your Deltek system are most important. Group discussions can be led internally or facilitated by an AEC Business Solutions Advisor.
Find the Lost Dollars
Train employees to Find Lost Dollars in 9 areas of your business.
Develop Top Performing Managers
Prepare project managers to lead profitable projects and grow for the future.
Transform Your Culture
Build a firm culture that inspires financial awareness, success and responsibility.
Benefits By Role
A&E professionals don’t learn how to be business leaders in college and as a result might “give away” firm profits because they don’t have solid business acumen. The Find the Lost Dollars Business Management Training Program is designed to transform employees and project managers so they are better financial guardians. The program engages your team a few hours a week for ten weeks in order to truly change their mindset and behavior! Your job in a finance role will be easier when you have:
- Firm wide buy-in/use of your Deltek system because your staff fully understand the purpose for timesheets, financial reports and key performance indicators
- Clearer understanding of financial topics and a common language with regards to business operations and profit targets
- Increases in win rate and utilization and reduction in write-offs and days sales outstanding
A&E professionals don’t learn how your business makes a living in college and as a result might “give away” firm profits because they don’t know how to bring in business, ask clients for money or control project costs. The Find the Lost Dollars Business Management Training Program is designed to transform employees and project managers into business leaders and financial guardians of your projects. The program engages your team through interactive content and facilitated group discussions in order to apply what they are learning to improve your firm and truly change their mindset and behavior!
- Develop existing top performers to increase retention of top employees and develop future leaders
- Increase business savvy of project managers and leaders
- Faster onboarding of new employees to get them quickly and efficiently assigned to billable projects
- Increases in win rate, utilization and project profit margins and reductions in write-offs and days sales outstanding.
Architects and Engineers don’t learn business skills in college, and as a result, often “give away” firm profits because they don’t know how to bring in business, ask clients for money or control project costs. The Find the Lost Dollars Business Management Training Program is designed to transform employees and project managers into business leaders and financial guardians of your projects. The program engages your team through interactive content and facilitated group discussions in order to apply what they are learning to improve your firm and truly change their mindset and behavior!
- Increase communication and make your job easier when employees follow business processes because they understand the impact of doing so
- Improve operational efficiency and ease your burden of responsibility when everyone is contributing to the bottom line
- Have time to focus on the bigger picture strategic plan when the business side of the house is running smoothly
Find the Lost Dollars Program
Find the Lost Dollars is 3-step program designed to guide Architecture, Engineering and Environmental firms to realize top industry profits. Through assessing where business practices are today, training employees to deliver and manage profitable projects, and creating and improving processes and systems, our clients are seeing average profit increases of 3% to 5% of revenue per year!
The Find the Lost Dollars 3-Step Profitability System is described in full in this attachment.
The Business Management Assessment helps firms understand if their business processes are really working.