By Warren Linscott, SVP Product Strategy, Deltek.
What Technology Innovation Means to Deltek
In an increasingly digital world, organizations must leverage leading-edge technology to respond to change, improve business processes and better serve their customers. At this recent Deltek PPM Seminar, I shared my perspective on technology trends that can't be ignored, and how Deltek is utilizing them to drive innovation that powers customers' project success.
New and emerging technologies are all around us, and figuring out how to incorporate these technologies into an existing portfolio of solutions is no easy task. Deltek’s approach is practical and purposeful, making innovation investments that are applicable to our products and provide real value, not just bells and whistles. We focus on the user experience, making sure the result is as seamless to the end-user as possible.
As we look towards 2020 and beyond, we know we need to keep up with leading-edge technology and continue to prioritize our customer experience. To do this, Deltek has identified the following technologies to focus on, in order to enhance our evolving product portfolio.
Technologies Driving Change in the Deltek Product Portfolio
- Geolocation: Location-based services can help identify where employees are as well as assist with timesheet activities and tasks that need to be done on a daily basis. By using geo-location in Deltek products we can prompt these types of behaviors in the user’s software.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR): Capturing information digitally and turning it into searchable, editable data is not new. What is new is how Deltek is using OCR technology to automate data entry. Users can simply capture their receipt images and upload them directly into an expense report, not only saving them time but also increasing report accuracy.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): Digital assistants like Alexa, Siri and Google respond to voice commands that help with simple tasks in our everyday lives. “Hey Deltek” incorporates NLP into Deltek software, users can have a faster, simpler, human type interaction with our products.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Big Data & Machine Learning: By harnessing the data around the solutions we maintain we will make better decisions in the future. Deltek can now leverage past project performance data to help plan current and future projects by giving you predictive insight into your projects outcome while providing comparative analysis against projects like yours.
- Integrated User Experience: It’s not just about a products’ user interface, it is about incorporating innovative technologies into products to achieve a more seamless technology that meets human experience. Through usability research Deltek is able to better understand what users need and want. This research allows us to create a more intelligent user experience for our customers.
Our Products Today, Tomorrow and Beyond
Deltek has already started incorporating many of these innovative technologies into our portfolio of products, and will continue to improve the user experience, making project data more accurate for the business and more productive for end-users.
Here are just a few of Deltek’s latest product advancements that are leveraging these technologies:
Hey Deltek! launched as part of our Vantagepoint product earlier this year, incorporates NPL capabilities to save time on routine tasks including creating contacts, setting up appointments and viewing dashboards. You can simply tell Vantagepoint to do one of these commands through a common language phrase, and it will do it for you. This great new feature extends the accessibility of the solution and makes it that much easier for someone to start using with very little training.
Acumen Touchstone leverages big data in the Project Intelligence Cloud, where users previously could rank their own projects against more than 500,000 projects, they can now build their own database using their own past project history and benchmarking their own projects. Touchstone will launch in Q4 of this year.
Intelligent Time & Expense
Intelligent Time & Expense is designed to make it easier for the workforce to do routine tasks that are critically important to the services business. “Low touch T&E” provides more accuracy for the customer through the use of geo-location, and saves time with OCR to track their expenses. These features will continue to be developed in Deltek’s Costpoint portfolio of products and released early 2020.
We hope to provide rich, next-generation experiences and propel end-user productivity by leveraging these innovative technologies and drive change in our product portfolio. To learn more about Deltek’s innovative approach subscribe to our Deltek Project Nation blog.
About the Author
As the SVP of Product Strategy, Warren Linscott is responsible for driving the go-to-market and product strategy for Deltek's global business. Warren has over 20 years of senior management experience in enterprise software delivering key solutions to professional services firms and government contractors.
- Customer Experience
- Customer Spotlight
- Data and Analytics
- Deltek Cares
- Deltek Insight
- Deltek News
- Deltek Project Nation Community
- Digital Transformation
- Executive Spotlight
- Financial Management
- Gender Diversity in the Workplace
- Industry Analysis
- MVP Awards
- Organization and Culture
- Partner Spotlight
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Small Business
- Transformational Trends
- User Experience
- User Experience Innovations