Things to Consider when Migrating to Deltek Costpoint
Why hundreds and hundreds of GCS Premier and Deltek First GovCon Essentials Customers have already migrated to Deltek Costpoint
Think back to why you chose Deltek in the first place. It is likely due to the fact that Deltek was born out of the need for a project accounting system, focusing on government contractors and other project based businesses, decades ago.
As you stayed on with Deltek over the years, you experienced firsthand how we put our customers first and how we continue to innovate, ensuring that our customers have the best software available to help them successfully deliver projects on time and on budget, stay up to date with compliance regulations and harness the latest technological efficiencies such as cloud and mobile.
Unlike other software vendors Deltek is more than just your accounting solution. We have been active in the government contracting industry for over three decades, and publish the Clarity report to provide insight into the current metrics and historical trends that are shaping the GovCon and A&E industries. We are curious about what is going on out there and what to expect going forward; we research and share our findings with customers and others alike. Deltek also provides industry leading research and information services, through our GovWin IQ solutions, to help you find opportunities faster and win more contracts.
Call it customer support, customer success or customer care – we call it a win-win as we acknowledge that our success is based on the success of our customers. Our industry and our customers recognize this.
- Deltek recently won the Confirmit ACE (Achievement in Customer Excellence) award “The award shows the world your organization's commitment to listening to the Voice of the Customer and driving change that will deliver a world-class customer experience.”
- Deltek customer care “rated outstanding” by the Technology Services Industry Association for the fourth consecutive year. “Deltek’s commitment to a high quality and consistent customer experience for their assisted technical support is clearly differentiating them in their market segment. Their focus on excellence is important to both customers and employees alike.”
- “Deltek wins second consecutive CLO Learning in Practice Award from Chief Learning Officer Magazine.” We not only support our customers, we ensure both customers and employees alike know how to use Deltek products. Our investments are not limited to continuously releasing innovative products, we also invest in how our products are used, serviced and sold. “The national CLO Magazine awards are presented annually to individual learning practitioners, executives and organizations that have helped its own employee-base or clients and customers enhance performance and meet business objectives through outstanding learning initiatives.”
Costpoint is the choice of small government contractors, medium sized government contractors and large government contractors. While each has unique needs, we provide unique project accounting solutions that are scalable. The core of each, however, remains: a secure, centralized location from which the accounting team, the project management team and the procurement team, among other users, can manage projects with real time data in a DCAA compliant accounting software framework.
Deltek Costpoint is THE standard when it comes to project accounting software solutions and ERP systems for government contractors. Here are just a few reasons:
- Role-based dashboards and a complete library of reports for greater visibility into performance
- PLC’s (Project Labor Categories) combined with the ability to apply period of performance to rates.
- Unparalleled control over your information and spending visibility down to the lowest level of your work breakdown structures.
- Unlimited open periods – no need to copy and switch databases.
- Multi-Currency/Multi-Company when you need it.
- Real time project reports – such as project status, project billing and labor and expenses.
You see, your decision to go with Deltek was a good one. It still is. Now is your chance to avoid missing out on the innovation pouring into Costpoint via the continuous release model.
To remain within a DCAA compliant software solution from Deltek, for a GCS/DFGE migration, consider Costpoint Foundations. It is a government contracting accounting software solution that has been packaged and priced to meet your needs as a small business government contractor. You get the framework that meets DCAA accounting system requirements, the centralized visibility to stay in control of your projects, and the simplicity of going just deep enough into an ERP solution so that you can quickly transition from Deltek GCS, all on the cloud without a heavy burden on your IT department or your cash flow.
Here is what a few of former GCS Premier customers have said about the value of Costpoint:
“Costpoint reporting provides us with more flexibility and detail than we ever had with GCS. Our executives love the new insights.” - eGlobal Tech
“The automated billing capability in Costpoint help us reduce our month end close process from 25 to 6 days.” - SOS International
“We were definitely drawn to Costpoint’s SaaS benefits of flexibility, security, and ease of deployment.” - Flatter and Associates
Change can take us out of our comfort zone. Deltek is here to help. Contact us today with any questions and concerns as you plan your migration from GCS Premier and Deltek First GovCon Essentials.
Watch the On-demand webinar “Migrating to Deltek Costpoint in the Cloud” Click Here to Watch
- Business Development
- Business Infrastructure
- Contract Management
- Cost Management
- Costs and Expenses
- Deltek Clarity
- Deltek Costpoint
- Deltek Insight
- Earned Value Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Financial Management
- Firm Management
- Government Contracting
- Human Capital Management
- KPIs and Analytics
- Project and Portfolio Management
- Project Management
- Resource Planning
- Risk Analysis
- Scheduling and Planning
- Small Business
- Talent Management
- Time and Expense Management