6 Signs You Need a Centralized View into Project Information
You’re often blindsided by problems that arise on your projects.
You could be better managing project costs.
Members of your project team and key stakeholders have to access multiple systems in order to view project-related performance information and data.
You lack project control workflow automation.
Your processes for EVMS are paper heavy.
You already own Deltek Cobra and/or are planning to migrate in the future.
If your organization exhibits any of the six signs above, it could be time to invest in a centralized platform for viewing project information, alerts and workflows. Why? Having such a tool will help you better manage and control your portfolio by providing enhanced predictability over your day-to-day operations.
That being said, before you can jump into implementation, you need to make sure your people, processes and tools are ready.
- People: A typical project team consists of a project manager, functional managers, CAMs, cost analysts and planners. Having the right team in place with the necessary experience and knowledge via role-based training on processes and tools is critical.
- Processes: Project management processes need to be documented and accessible to your entire project team. Process maps can help the different roles in the organization understand their part in the process.
- Tools: The technical tools you use — for scheduling, cost management, accounting, communication, and so on — provide the key functionality to manage projects with increased operational efficiency, improved reporting, and automated process steps.
The checklist below goes into greater detail around each of the key activities under People, Processes and Tools that need to be in place. But don’t worry… if you don’t have all of the items on the list ready at this time, Deltek can help. We have a wide array of resources available to get you set up and ready.
Interested in learning more? Check out the on-demand webinar, Reduce Your Monthly Reporting Cycle with PM Compass, or contact us directly so we can set up a more personalized discussion.
- Business Development
- Business Infrastructure
- Contract Management
- Cost Management
- Costs and Expenses
- Deltek Clarity
- Deltek Costpoint
- Deltek Insight
- Earned Value Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Financial Management
- Firm Management
- Government Contracting
- Human Capital Management
- KPIs and Analytics
- Project and Portfolio Management
- Project Management
- Resource Planning
- Risk Analysis
- Scheduling and Planning
- Small Business
- Talent Management
- Time and Expense Management