How Vantagepoint Users Can Make the Most of Deltek Insight
Whether this is your first Deltek Insight conference or you’ve been coming for years, we’re providing tips from the experts to help you make the most of your time at the conference. With a little planning, you can maximize your Insight experience. This post will give you tips for getting the most from Insight, highlights of what’s new this year and some must-see Vantagepoint sessions.
7 Tips to Make the Most of Insight
Here are 7 tips to help you walk away with valuable knowledge to directly impact your business.
- Huddle with your team – whether you are going to Insight solo or have a team from your company, meet with your team to identify your company’s objectives for this year, what you want to get out of it, what questions you want answered and what business challenges you are facing in the coming year so you can determine how to best use the limited time you have at the event.
- Build your schedule now – the mobile app and schedule builder are available now so you can review the 100+ sessions available and select the sessions that will help answer your questions and those of your team members. If you build your schedule ahead of time, it will be printed on your badge for easy reference. Incorporate sessions that address the business challenges from your huddle to ensure you are bringing back value for the entire team. Below you will see some of the Vantagepoint sessions you won’t want to miss this year.
- Download the mobile app – if you haven’t done so already, be sure to download the mobile app before you go. This will be your go-to resource for your schedule, session details, conference notifications, attendee details and more. You won’t want to leave home without it.
- Schedule a debrief – before you leave, schedule time with your core Vantagepoint team to debrief on what you learned, who you met and how you can take this information to drive your business forward. If you schedule it before you leave, you’re more likely to stick to it and make sure it doesn’t fall through the cracks.
- Build your Vantagepoint network – Insight is a great opportunity to meet and connect with other Vantagepoint users. Don’t just go and sit in sessions and go back to your room. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to build your Vantagepoint network. Some of my most valuable Deltek resources are people I met over the years as a customer and now in my role at Deltek. From the opening reception to Celebrate Insight, take advantage of every opportunity to make contacts that you can connect with after Insight is over. During meals, you will see tables with colors that match your badge lanyard. Find these tables and talk to other users to get questions answered, share your insight and collaborate with others in person.
- Capture your “Ah-Ha” moments – there will be a lot to take in between keynotes, dozens of sessions and more so be sure you capture your “ah-ha” moments that can help your company. You’ll have access to all of the slides from the presentations, so spend your time writing down ideas for how you can leverage what you heard or how you can incorporate a best practice. Use this time to think about your business and your processes and capture your thoughts on how this can solve a business challenge or how someone set up a particular hub that could help increase user adoption, etc.
- Ask Questions! This is your opportunity to meet with Deltek experts, product managers, other users and more to get your questions answered. Don’t be afraid to follow up with a speaker or spend time in the Xpo learning more about a particular area of the solution. Set up a “Meet the Experts” appointment or just sit down with a fellow user and brainstorm how to address a challenge you are facing. There is no other place where you have this many Deltek resources at your disposal, so take advantage of it!
Can’t-Miss Vantagepoint Sessions
There are more than 100 sessions for you to choose from. As you peruse the session catalog, keep in mind your company objectives for the coming year. Look for sessions that focus on Vantagepoint and the future of the solution so your team is prepared to take advantage of the latest and greatest with your solution even faster. There are sessions delivered by Deltek product management, consultants, partners, customers and industry experts. Here are some can’t-miss sessions you should consider putting on your schedule:
- Vantagepoint Kick-off - this is a must for all Vantagepoint users to hear from product management before breakout sessions begin. This should be on everyone’s schedule.
- Get Ready for Vantagepoint - as you prepare for your next upgrade, this series of sessions by product management will help you understand how to get more from the solution today and what to expect in upcoming releases.
- Accounting and Billing (VPVI-04)
- CRM (VPVI-06)
- Dashboards (VPVI-14)
- The NEW Projects Hub (VPVI-08)
- Resource Planning (VPVI-13)
- And more!
- To Vantagepoint 3.0 and Beyond! (VPVI-12) - a glimpse at the Vantagepoint roadmap
- Thinking Out Cloud (VPVI-25) - learn why your firm should consider moving to the cloud if you aren’t already in the Deltek Cloud today
You’ll also have the opportunity to hear directly from customers in our “Real Stories” customer panels and in customer-led breakout sessions about how they are taking Vantagepoint to the next level.
Start planning now to make this the best Insight yet. We look forward to seeing you in Orlando!
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Architecture and Engineering
- CRM and Pipeline Management
- Deltek Global Consulting
- ERP for Professional Services Firms
- Management Consulting
- Product Releases
- Project Management
- Purposeful Innovation
- Reporting and Business Intelligence
- Resource Management
- Town Halls
- Workshops and Training