Third Quarter 2020 Specs Content Updates
The third quarter of 2020 delivered numerous spec content updates to Deltek customers who are licensed for:
- Unified Facilities Guide Specifications (UFGS)
For questions about how to access the third quarter updates, please contact the Customer Success Team for assistance.
MasterSpec Third Update 2020
Deltek is pleased to release the MasterSpec® Q3 2020 update to all licensed MasterSpec customers. This second release of the year contains 67 Sections, including 22 full technical updates, 9 new Sections in Div. 26, and selective revisions to technical topics across the MasterSpec library.
Noteworthy in this release is the substantive reorganization/technical update of 262726 Wiring Devices for closer coordination with the aforementioned new additions to the Electrical library:
- 262726.11 General-Use Switches, Dimmer Switches, and Fan-Speed Controller Switches
- 262726.31 General-Grade Single Straight-Blade Receptacles
- 262726.33 General-Grade Duplex Straight-Blade Receptacles
- 262726.35 Hospital-Grade Straight-Blade Receptacles
- 262726.37 Receptacles with Arc-Fault and Ground-Fault Protective Devices
- 262726.39 Locking Receptacles
- 262726.41 Pin-and-Sleeve Receptacles
- 262726.43 Special-Purpose Power Outlet Assemblies
- 262726.51 Connectors, Cords, and Plugs
Also in the update, revisions to the voltage class definitions in 260010 Supplemental Requirements for Electrical coordinate with public comments submitted for the 2023 edition of NFPA 70 by Deltek on behalf of the AIA Electrical MasterSpec Engineering Review Committee (eMERC). As of this update, the term extra-low voltage is used within MasterSpec for products rated to operate below 30 V(ac rms), 42 V(ac peak), or 60 V(dc).
In addition to other important technical updates made across the library, six Sections have received changes to number and/or title for compliance with MasterFormat® 2020 guidance:
- 081816.13 Sliding Aluminum-Framed Glass Doors (formerly, 083213)
- 081816.16 Multipanel Sliding Aluminum-Framed Glass Doors (formerly, 083213.13)
- 081816.19 Sliding Wood-Framed Glass Doors (formerly, 083219)
- 081816.23 Multipanel Sliding Wood-Framed Glass Doors (formerly, 083219.13)
- 083123 Floor Doors (formerly, 083483)
- 093023 Glass Tiling (formerly, Glass Mosaic Tiling)
As a result of the above number/title changes, five Section numbers have been withdrawn from the MasterSpec library: 083213, 083213.13, 083219, 083219.13, and 083483.
MasterSpec Sections continue to receive technical revisions based on subscriber feedback. Please continue to use the link at the top of each MasterSpec Section to submit feedback or questions related to MasterSpec content.
Please visit the User Resources section of our website to find MasterSpec Supporting Documents, Tables of Contents, and Standards Organizations.
For questions about downloading files from our website or running the installations for MasterSpec, please reach out to our support team by visiting support.deltek.com. You may reference knowledge article 100050 or open a support ticket and a Customer Care Analyst will assist you. If your license has expired, please contact us to renew your license.
SpecText Third Update 2020
The SpecText 2020 Third Update delivers 20 Sections that have undergone specification coordination for compliance with MasterFormat® numbering and titling guidance, this release includes an important full technical update to 033000 Cast-in-Place Concrete.
- 033000 Cast-in-Place Concrete: Section specifies cast-in-place or in-situ concrete for buildings and infrastructure Work. Concrete Work includes building frames; slabs-on-fill or -grade; lightweight concrete at composite slabs; pile caps; transfer or grade beams; footings; foundations; suspended slabs; elevator shafts; concrete slurry, or retaining walls; bridge abutments; tunnel or water-retention structures; dams; sewage vaults; clarifiers; mass concrete foundations; and other concrete components.
- Also specified are basic finishing and curing methods, fiber reinforcement, admixtures, vapor barriers, integral accessory control, and expansion and contraction joint devices to encourage concrete cracking and movement to occur at predetermined locations.
- Section references ACI 301/301M and ACI 318/318M; ICC codes require use of ACI 318/318M. Section also specifies provision for Work performed using unit-price payment method when applicable.
Please visit the User Resources section of our website to find SpecText supporting documents, tables of contents, and standards organizations.
As a reminder, SpecText is a copyrighted product of Deltek and requires a current license to continue use, even if you are using any SpecText content within your Project Specifications or office masters.
UFGS Third Update 2020
The UFGS third update for Deltek e-SPECS contains 77 sections. This includes sections updated by the Department of Defense issued in quarter 3 of 2020. Updated sections are listed below: The letter in parenthesis () indicates the type of update for the section. D= delete, C= change, R= replace, N= new.
- Section 007304 – Supplementary Conditions for Project in Mediterranean Area (D)
- Section 011400 – Work Restrictions (C)
- Section 012000.0020 – Price and Payment Procedures (C)
- Section 013000 – Administrative Requirements (C)
- Section 013123.1320 – Electronic Construction and Facility Support Contract Management System (C)
- Section 013216.0020 – Small Project Construction Progress Schedules (C)
- Section 013217.0020 – Cost-Loaded Network Analysis Schedules (NAS) (C)
- Section 013526 – Governmental Safety Requirements (C)
- Section 014500.0020 – Quality Control (C)
- Section 014500.1020 – Quality Control for Minor Construction (C)
- Section 015000 – Temporary Construction Facilities and Controls (C)
- Section 015719 – Temporary Environmental Controls (C)
- Section 015719.0120 – Supplemental Temporary Environmental Controls (C)
- Section 015800 – Project Identification (C)
- Section 017419 – Construction Waste Management and Disposal (C)
- Section 019100.1510 – Total Building Commissioning (C)
- Section 037000 – Mass Concrete (C)
- Section 066116 – Solid Surfacing Fabrications (R)
- Section 072113 – Board and Block Insulation (C)
- Section 072719.01 – Self-Adhering Air Barriers (C)
- Section 072726 – Fluid-Applied Membrane Air Barriers (C)
- Section 072736 – Spray Foam Air Barriers (C)
- Section 074113 – Metal Roof Panels (C)
- Section 074263 – Fabricated Wall Panel Assemblies (C)
- Section 081113 – Steel Doors and Frames (R)
- Section 081173 – Sliding Fire Doors (R)
- Section 083213 – Aluminum Sliding Glass Doors (R)
- Section 083323 – Overhead Coiling Doors (R)
- Section 083419.1020 – Rolling Service [and Fire] Doors (D)
- Section 083613 – Sectional Overhead Doors (R)
- Section 083619 – Vertical Lift Doors (R)
- Section 085123 – Steel Windows (R)
- Section 085169.10 – Aluminum Storm Windows (R)
- Section 085200 – Wood Windows (R)
- Section 085300 – Plastic Windows (R)
- Section 085653 – Blast Resistant Tempered Glass Windows (R)
- Section 086045 – Skylights and Translucent Panels (R)
- Section 087100 – Door Hardware (C)
- Section 089100 – Metal [Wall] [and] [Door] Louvers (R)
- Section 093010 – Ceramic, Quarry, and Glass Tiling (R)
- Section 095100 – Acoustical Ceilings (R)
- Section 096723.15 – Fuel Resistive Resinous Flooring, 3-Coat System (C)
- Section 096800 - Carpeting (C)
- Section 099000 – Paints and Coatings (C)
- Section 101100 – Visual Display Units (R)
- Section 101400.20 – Interior Signage (R)
- Section 102113 – Toilet Compartments (R)
- Section 102226.13 – Accordion Folding Partitions (C)
- Section 102226.23 – Coiling Partitions (C)
- Section 102239 – Folding Panel Partitions (R)
- Section 102600 – Wall and Door Protection (R)
- Section 102813 – Toilet Accessories (R)
- Section 122413 – Roller Window Shades (R)
- Section 126113 – Upholstered Audience Seating (R)
- Section 133419 – Metal Building Systems (R)
- Section 134873 – Seismic Control for Miscellaneous Equipment (C)
- Section 211313 – Wet Pipe Sprinkler Systems, Fire Protection (N)
- Section 211313.0010 – Wet Pipe Sprinkler System, Fire Protection (D)
- Section 211313.0020 – Wet Pipe Sprinkler System, Fire Protection (D)
- Section 211316 – Dry Pipe Sprinkler Systems, Fire Protection(N)
- Section 211316.0020 – Dry Pipe Fire Sprinkler Systems (D)
- Section 211317.0010 – Dry Pipe Sprinkler System, Fire Protection (D)
- Section 211318 – Preaction Sprinkler Systems, Fire Protection (N)
- Section 211318.0010 – Preaction and Deluge Sprinkler Systems, Fire Protection (D)
- Section 211319 – Deluge Sprinkler Systems, Fire Protection (N)
- Section 211319.0020 – [Deluge] [Preaction] Fire Sprinkler Systems (D)
- Section 223330.0010 – Solar Water Heating Equipment (R)
- Section 230548.19 – Seismic Bracing for HVAC (C)
- Section 238100.0020 – Unitary Air Conditioning Equipment (D)
- Section 283100.0010 – Fire Detection and Alarm System, Direct Current Loop (D)
- Section 283149 – Carbon Monoxide Detectors (D)
- Section 283160 – Interior Fire Alarm Systems, Non-Addressable (N)
- Section 283163.0020 – Analog/Addressable Interior Fire Alarm System (D)
- Section 283164.0010 – Fire Detection and Alarm System, Addressable (D)
- Section 283166 – Interior Fire Alarm and Mass Notification System, Non-Addressable (N)
- Section 283170 – Interior Fire Alarm, Addressable (N)
- Section 283174.0020 – Interior Fire Detection and Alarm System (D)
- Section 283176 – Interior Fire Alarm and Mass Notification System (R)
- Section 321133 – Cement Stabilized [Base] [Subbase] Course at Airfields and Roads (D)
- Section 350141.0010 – Electromechanical Operating Machinery for Locks and Dams (R)
- Section 350540.1410 – Hydraulic Power Systems for Civil Works Structures (R)
- Section 350540.17 – Self-Lubricated Materials, Fabrication, Handling, and Assembly (R)
- Section 352015 – FRP Composites for Low-Head Water Control Structures (R)
- Section 352023 – Dredging (R)
- Section 354234 – Reinforced Soil Slope (R)
- Section 444100 – Water Pollution Containment and Cleanup Equipment (N)
- Section 444100.0020 – Water Pollution Containment and Cleanup Equipment (D)
- Section 480615 – Turbine Oil (R)
- Divisions may contain stub templates as placeholders for discontinued sections.
- Other sections are included in this update to repair or enhance checklist functionality or keynotes.
Deltek Virtual Insight 2020
Missed Attending Deltek Insight 2020?
Sessions Available On-Demand Until December 31, 2020
About the Author
Denise McDaniel is an experienced professional with a passion for helping AEC firms know more about their business and do more for their clients. As a Sr. Product Marketing Specialist, she leads the Deltek Specifications Solutions product positioning and messaging by providing key insights, benchmarks, and trends to A&E firms. Her experience working in both the software technology sector and for a general contractor/construction management firm brings a unique perspective to the Deltek Specifications product line.