Deltek Pulse: Health and human services month in review, February 2017
Despite being a shorter month, solicitation activity in the State, Local and Education (SLED) Health and Human Services (HHS) market increased 23% in February compared to the previous month, continuing a strong start to 2017. The majority of solicitations were in Professional Services and Social Services, with solid activity in the IT and Architecture, Engineering, and Construction categories. Solicitation activity was notably high in Washington state, as well as Virginia and Pennsylvania. Solicitation activity was lowest in Nebraska, South Dakota, Nevada, and Montana.
Notable RFP Releases
- The New Mexico Department of Human Services released a Request for Proposals (RFP) for a System Integrator for the Medicaid Enterprise Management Information System Replacement (MMISR) Solution. Proposals are due on April 19, 2017.
- The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) issued a solicitation for the Vendor Drug Program Pharmacy Benefit Services, including Pharmacy Claims and Rebate Administrations, Managed Care Organization encounter processing, Preferred Drug Utilization Review, and Prior Authorization services. Proposals are due on May 4, 2017.
- The Texas HHSC also released an RFP for a Provider Management and Enrollment System (PMES). The new PMES solution will include an online enrollment process for Medicaid and Texas Medicaid-supported program providers and a centralized data repository. Proposals are due on May 16, 2017.
- The Mississippi Department of Information Technology Services released solicitation for an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) System for multiple human services programs, including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and Women, Infants and Children (WIC) programs. Proposals are due on May 9, 2017.
- The Arkansas Department of Human Services also issued an RFP for Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Services for the SNAP Program. Proposals are due on March 14, 2017.
Notable Contract Awards
- The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services awarded a contract to Magellan RX Management for Pharmacy Benefits Administration Services for $34.3 million over a base period of 7 years.
- The Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services selected Fidelity Information Services (FIS) as the winning vendor for the FoodShare Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Services contract. A contract is still being negotiated at this time.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education