Deltek Pulse: Justice and public safety month in review, December 2016
In December 2016, Deltek saw a decrease of approximately 16% in the number of solicitations coming out of the SLED Justice and Public Safety market compared to the month of November. Most solicitations were for Professional Services and Architecture, Engineering and Construction, followed by Information Technology and Operations and Maintenance.
Frequency of Terms in Solicitations
- Camera: 26 (8 state, 18 local)
- Fire Alarm: 40 (11 state, 29 local)
- Radio: 18 (7 state, 11 local)
- Surveillance: 11 (3 state, 8 local)
- CCTV: 10 (3 state, 7 local)
Notable Solicitation Releases
- The Pennsylvania Department of General Services released a request for proposals (RFP) for the replacement of the Pennsylvania Uniform Crime Reporting System (PAUCRS), a web-based solution that collects incident-related data submissions from state and local law enforcement agencies. Through the new system, the State seeks to expand its capacity to report incident-based crime data to the National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS). Proposals for this project are due February 6, 2017.
- The Ohio Department of Administrative Services, on behalf of the Department of Public Safety’s Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV), seeks proposals for the design, implementation, and operation of its next-generation Driver’s License and Identification (DL/ID) Issuance System. As part of this solicitation, the State seeks to implement a “central issuance” model that results in a more secure and robust DL/ID offering to the general public while complying with the Department of Homeland Security’s REAL ID Act. Proposals are due March 3, 2017.
Notable Contract Award
- The Alaska Department of Corrections (ADOC) awarded BI Incorporated a contract to provide Electronic Monitoring Equipment and Services to be used in various communities throughout Alaska. This contract is valued at $2.3 million and is expected to last through June 2017 with possible renewal options.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education