Deltek Pulse: Justice and public safety month in review, September 2016
In September 2016, Deltek saw an 8.6 percent decrease in solicitation activity in the SLED Justice and Public Safety market compared to the month of August. The majority of solicitations were in the categories of Architecture, Engineering and Construction and Professional Services, followed by Information Technology, and Food and Sanitary Products and Services.
Frequency of Terms in Solicitations
- Camera: 49 (19 state, 30 local)
- Fire alarm: 38 (14 state, 24 local)
- Radio: 26 (11 state, 15 local)
- Surveillance: 13 (3 state, 10 local)
- CCTV: 14 (7 state, 7 local)
Notable Solicitation Releases
- The City of Philadelphia’s Office of Innovation and Technology issued a request for proposals (RFP) to seek 911-Related Management and Consulting Services. The successful applicant is expected to advise the city on a number of issues, including operation and maintenance of the 911 and public safety radio systems, computer aided dispatch consolidation and ESINet implementation. RFP proposals are due by October 21, 2016.
- The Arizona Department of Administration released an RFP seeking bids from vendors to build and maintain a Statewide Public Safety Broadband Network in the event that the state opts out of the nationwide broadband system buildout led by FirstNet. Arizona officials, however, have not made an official opt-out decision. RFP proposals are due by October 31, 2016.
- The State of Alabama, acting through the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA), also issued an RFP for the state’s Public Safety Broadband Radio Access Network. Similar to Arizona, state officials have not yet made a decision on opting out of the nationwide system buildout but issued this RFP in preparation of an opt-out scenario. Proposals are due by October 24, 2016.
Major Contract Award
- The Alaska Department of Administration awarded Motorola Solutions a $5.4 million contract for Alaska Land Mobile Radio System Management Services. The initial term of the contract is expected to last two years.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education