Deltek Pulse: Justice and public safety month in review, August 2016
In August 2016, Deltek saw a substantial increase in solicitation activity in the Justice and Public Safety market compared to the month of July. The majority of solicitations were in the categories of Architecture, Engineering and Construction and Professional Services, followed by Information Technology, Operations and Maintenance, and Food and Sanitary Products and Services.
Frequency of Terms in Solicitations
- Camera: 44 (12 state; 32 local)
- Fire alarm: 57 (26 state; 31 local)
- Radio: 26 (9 state; 17 local)
- Surveillance: 18 (5 state; 13 local)
- CCTV: 14 (5 state; 9 local)
Notable Solicitation Releases
- The Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS), a statewide network that oversees and coordinates all components of the statewide EMS system, issued a request for proposals (RFP) for a turnkey implementation of a Communications System Upgrade. The new system will provide communications among ambulances, medevac helicopters, dispatch centers, and trauma centers, among other facilities and personnel. RFP proposals are due by October 24, 2016.
- The Texas Department of Public Safety (TXDPS) issued a solicitation for the Phase 3 upgrade of its Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS). TXDPS has implemented a multi-phased approach to making necessary enhancements to the system, and this third phase will seek to migrate the existing latent palm and unsolved latent functions to the same upgraded platform enhanced from Phase 2, expanding the database to meet search volumes. Proposals are due by September 12, 2016.
- The Iowa Department of Transportation is seeking proposals for the design, development, and deployment of a new Mobile Driver License Application that may complement or be used in lieu of today’s plastic license when a driver is required to verify his/her identity. Proposals are due by September 28, 2016.
Major Contract Awards
- Texas’ Harris County awarded SunGard Public Sector an $8.3 million contract for a Computer Aided Dispatch and Records Management System (CAD/RMS). This contract is expected to last through August 2017, with four one-year renewal options available.
- The Hawaii Department of Public Safety awarded Appriss, Inc. a $170,050 contract to acquire a Prescription Electronic Monitoring application with real-time data collection. This contract is expected to take effect in December 2016 and have a two-year base term.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education