Deltek Pulse: Architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) month in review, August 2016
Over the past few months, Deltek has observed a decline in the number of in solicitations released related to architecture, engineering and construction (AEC), until August. From July to August 2016, the number of solicitations increased by 6.4 percent. While this does not bring the total number of solicitations issued back to the totals from early in 2016, this is a nice rebound from the 18 percent slide from June to July 2016.
August yielded some similar data to that of July, with cities issuing the largest amount of bids: 34.4 percent. State governments released 32.1 percent, followed by counties with 14.6 percent and universities coming in fourth, with 7.7 percent.
The top five states that issued the most bids remained unchanged, with California issuing 9.7 percent, Texas at 8.5 percent, Florida releasing 5.6 percent, Washington at 5.1 percent and Virginia with 4.2 percent.Notable Solicitations
- Loudoun County, Virginia solicited bids for Architectural Services. Responses are due October 6, 2016.
- Danville, Virginia released a solicitation for a Feasibility Assessment for Riverbank Filtration Evaluation. Responses are due October 12, 2016.
- Durham, North Carolina solicited bids for the Design and Engineering Services for the Mist Lake Facility Expansion. Responses are due no later than October 13, 2016.
- The City of Memphis, Tennessee awarded a contract to Caissa Public Strategy for FY17 Engineering Professional Services for Engineering Efficiency Study Project.
- The Kentucky Department for Facilities and Support Services awarded a contract to American Engineers, Inc. for Architectural and Engineering Services. The value of the contract is $153,000.
- The New York Office of the State Comptroller awarded a contract to Barton & Loguidice DPC for Engineering Design Services as part of a Term Agreement for the Palisades, Saratoga and Taconic Regions. The value of the contract is $1,500,000.
New Lead Alerts
- Alexandria, Virginia budgets $600,000 in FY17 for Fuel Island Renovation Design Only.
- Florence, Kentucky budgets $16,000 in FY16 for Environmental/Infrastructure.
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa budgets $967,000 in FY18-20 for Engineering Related to GRI-Quaker/Cedar Lake.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education