Deltek Pulse: Health and human services month in review, July 2016
The beginning of Fiscal Year 2017 got off to a good start, with a slight decrease in HHS solicitations compared to last month, but a notable increase from this time last year. As usual, most solicitations were in the Medical and Scientific Equipment category, followed by Health Services and Professional Services. Solicitations for IT Services and AEC composed nearly 15 percent of all bids released in July. Interestingly, Washington state and Pennsylvania released a notably higher number of solicitations than usual.
Notable RFP releases:
- The Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services released a request for proposals (RFP) for its Medicaid Enterprise System Modular Core Services Solutions project. The selected vendor shall provide a modular core services solution with the functionalities of a single or combination of COTS products, custom built, or third party support products including, but not limited to: Care Management, Operations Services, Performance Management, Plan Management, and Provider Services. Proposals are due by September 9, 2016.
Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse:
- The Missouri Department of Social Services, MO HealthNet Division (MHD), released an RFP for a Business Intelligence Solution and Enterprise Data Warehouse (BIS-EDW) and related services that would provide a comprehensive, scalable, and secure healthcare information solution to meet the administrative and program decision support, reporting, and analytics needs of the Missouri Medicaid Enterprise (MME) for the next decade. Proposals are due on September 15, 2016.
- The Hawaii Department of Human Services issued a solicitation for a Benefits Eligibility Solution on the evolving DHS Enterprise Platform. This engagement will include all services required to enhance the current Medicaid Eligibility and feed for Enrollment (E&E) Solution, implement support for financial assistance programs (Benefits Eligibility Solution (BES)), and provide maintenance and operate the current Medicaid E&E Solution and future BES solution. Proposals are due on September 29, 2016.
- The Nevada Department of Administration has a requirement for a Child Support Enforcement Replacement System. The Nevada Child Support Enforcement System concluded that a transfer system alternative represents the most appropriate approach to replacing the current child support automated system, which is the child support portion of NOMADS. The replacement system is based on California’s Child Support Enforcement (CSE) system except for the data warehouse/reporting components. Proposals must be submitted on or before September 26, 2016.
- The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services awarded a contract for its Independent Verification and Validation Services for the Replacement MMIS project. The contract was awarded to SLI Global Solutions LLC and is valued at $2,113,011. The contract has an ultimate expiration of July 5, 2022 if all extensions are used.
- The District of Columbia, Department of Health Care Finance, awarded a contract for its Enrollment Broker Services project to Maximus Health Services. The base contract term is effective through August 11, 2017 with 4 one-year renewal options. The contract is valued $3,189,579.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education