Deltek Pulse: Justice and public safety month in review, June 2016
In June, Deltek saw a slight decrease in solicitation activity in the Justice and Public Safety market compared to the previous month. The majority of solicitations were in the categories of Architecture, Engineering and Construction and Professional Services, followed by Information Technology; Operations and Maintenance; and Machinery, Equipment and Tools.
Frequency of terms in solicitations:
- Camera: 53 (14 state; 39 local)
- Fire alarm: 56 (13 state; 43 local)
- Radio: 28 (8 state; 20 local)
- Surveillance: 22 (6 state; 16 local)
- CCTV: 10 (6 state; 4 local)
Notable releases in June include:
- The City of Memphis and Shelby County, Tennessee, jointly released a request for proposals (RFP) for an 800 MHz Project 25 (P25) Public Safety Radio Network to support mission-critical communications. Proposals are due by September 9, 2016.
- Wake County, North Carolina, in partnership with the City of Raleigh and the Wake Emergency Communications Organization Board, released a solicitation for a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Associated Interfaces. The entities seek to solicit and engage a qualified computer system provider to serve as the single point of contact in the configuration, implementation, and continued maintenance of a CAD system. Proposals are due by September 15, 2016.
- The Wisconsin Department of Administration, Division of Hearings and Appeals, issued an RFP for a Case Management and Scheduling Software System to replace the division’s aging in-house case management system. Proposals are due by August 4, 2016.
Major awards in June include:
- The California Department of Technology awarded Pantel International a $12.5 million statewide contract for a Dispatch Radio Console System Replacement Project.
- The Austin Police Department, Texas, awarded Taser International a $12.2 million contract for Body Worn Cameras.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education