Deltek Pulse: Health and human services month in review, May 2016
In May, Deltek saw an uptick in solicitation activity in the Health and Human Services (HHS) market as states gear up for the end of the fiscal year. There was a notable increase in architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) bids released in May, and a sizable increase in IT bids as well. As usual, Texas and California led the way in solicitation activity, but there was notably high procurement activity in Colorado, South Carolina, and Washington in May.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) finalized its rule on Comprehensive Child Welfare Information Systems (CCWIS) on June 2, 2016. This regulation underscores a renewed focus on child welfare information technology from the federal government, creating extensive opportunity for vendors. For a link to the Deltek Comprehensive Child Welfare Information System (CCWIS) Market Brief, clickhere.
Major RFP releases in May included:
WIC MIS Consortium:
- The Utah Division of Purchasing, on behalf of the Mountain Plains User Group (MPUG), released a request for proposals (RFP) for the MPUG WIC Software Maintenance and Enhancement Services. The state is seeking operations, software maintenance, and technical support services as well as software enhancements for the Mountain Plains State Consortium (MPSC). It is the intention of the Lead State to procure these services under a maintenance and enhancement (M&E) master contract, which will allow other user group members to join by executing a participating addendum. Proposals are due on August 16, 2016.
- The California Department of Technology, in conjunction with the Office of Systems Integration (OSI), released an RFP for the Child Welfare Services New System (CWS-NS) Project Intake Implementation Services. The state is seeking a qualified bidder to provide intake implementation readiness support services to Implementation Organizations in preparation for the rollout of the Intake Digital Service, which is being separately procured. Proposals are due on August 18, 2016.
- The District of Columbia's Office of Contracting and Procurement, on behalf of the Department of Health Care Finance, released a request for proposal for an MMIS Clinical Case Management System. The department is seeking a vendor to design, develop and deploy a commercial, off-the-shelf (COTS) software product, or combination of COTS products, for a new clinical case management system (CCMS) as well as deploy, host, and maintain the technical environment upon which that system will be developed. Proposals are due on July 5, 2016.
- The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) released a request for proposal for its Electronic Benefit Transfer for the WIC Program project. Proposals are due on August 2, 2016.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local, and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education