Deltek Pulse: General government services month in review, October 2015
The upward trend continues as October saw a 9 percent increase in general government solicitations compared to September. This is a welcomed change from October 2014, which saw an almost 25 percent decrease in bids from the previous month.
Professional services solicitations accounted for 70 percent of solicitations, while the remaining 30 percent related to information technology. Education was the dominant vertical, followed by natural resources/environment.
Notable RFP releases
- Texas released a solicitation for Geographic Information Systems Hardware Software and Systems. Proposals are due by November 24, 2015.
- Arizona, on behalf of NASPO ValuePoint, released a solicitation for a Software Value Added Reseller. Proposals are due by December 3, 2015.
- Colorado released a solicitation for IT Research and Advisory Services. Proposals are due by November 20, 2015.
- Maine released a solicitation for a State-Level Student Information and Reporting System. Proposals are due by January 12, 2016.
- Massachusetts released a solicitation for Brokered Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service Cloud Services (IAAS & PAAS). Proposals are due by November 16, 2015.
Major contract awards
- Michigan awarded its IT Vulnerability Assessment Services contract to Cyber Defense Technologies LLC on October 6. The contract was awarded for $2.5 million, pending Administrative Board approval.
- Texas awarded its Print/Scan/Facsimile Multifunction Devices 3D Printers, Related Services and Managed Print Services contract on October 1. Contracts were awarded to Flores and Associates LLC, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Inc., and Lexmark International Inc.
New leads alerts
- The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign released its FY 2016 budget, which includes a Main/Undergraduate Library Redevelopment project. The project includes upgrading computer wiring, electrical wiring and lighting to respond to the demands of new technologies and the development of electronic information resources. The university has budgeted $50 million for this project in FY 2016.
- The Southwestern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority has budgeted $60 million for an Information Technology Program, including new and replacement computer hardware and software such as desktop computers, laptops, servers, network devices, digital video recorders and software licenses.
- The Chicago Transit Authority included a Mid-Life Bus Overhaul project in its recent budget and capital improvement plan. The $64.9 million project is planned through FY 2019 and will include an ongoing installation of the TopoDyn software program and the all-electric engine cooling fan drive system.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State and Local Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education