Deltek Pulse: Health and human services month in review, July 2015
State and local governments continued to release a high number of health and human services solicitations in July 2015. The majority of solicitations were for professional services, but there is steady demand for information technology and architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) vendors.
Notable RFP releases
Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information Systems (SACWIS)
- The District of Columbia Child and Family Services Agency (CFSA) released a request for proposals (RFP) for maintenance and operations of the district's statewide automated child welfare information system, known as FACES.NET. The incumbent contract with Deloitte expires on July 31, 2016. Proposals are due September 15, 2015.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services released an RFP for Pennsylvania Child Support Enforcement System (PACSES) infrastructure network maintenance. The incumbent contract with Lockheed Martin expires in April 2016. Proposals are due August 24, 2015.
Women, Infants and Children (
- The District of Columbia Office of Contracting and Procurement released an RFP for the WIC Medicaid information system (MIS) planning project, which includes requirements for a feasibility study with alternatives analysis, advance planning document (APD) as required by the federal government, and drafting of an RFP for the combined MIS/eWIC implementation. Proposals are currently under evaluation.
- The Pennsylvania Office of Administration, Office of Information Technology, re-released a request for quotes (RFQ) for WIC MIS/electronic benefit transfer (EBT) implementation MIS implementation services. Proposals are due September 10, 2015. *This RFQ is restricted to contractors who are pre-qualified under the commonwealth’s Information Technology Services Invitation to Qualify Contract 4400004480.*
- The Washington Department of Health re-released a solicitation for the WIC Cascades Project - MIS transfer and implementation (T&I). An RFP was previously released in July 2014, but was ultimately canceled due to lack of funding. Proposals are due September 25, 2015.
- The Delaware Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Management Services, released an RFP for EBT services. Delaware requires an EBT system that can be used to provide benefit programs such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Childcare, WIC and others. Proposals are due October 14, 2015.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) released an RFQ for assistance in the RFP development for the MMIS procurement. With the upcoming expiration of the current contract, DHS is seeking to move forward with the MMIS planning portion of the project. Proposals are due by August 21, 2015.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State and Local Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education