Deltek Pulse: Architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) month in review, July 2015
As GovWin IQ’s State and Local Solutions continue to expand coverage to offer more potential business opportunities, we are launching an architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) pulse to our monthly recap blog series. For years, we’ve recapped key procurement trends, notable solicitation releases and contract awards for major vertical markets including health and human services, general government services, and justice and public safety. Now, we add AEC to the mix.
In July, the bulk of bids captured in GovWin IQ related to AEC requirements (28.5%). The majority of these bids fell to the general government services vertical (59.8%), followed by transportation (14.7%) and natural resources (6.7%) verticals.
AEC solicitations were most prominent at the city level in July, with 33.6 percent of bids released by city governments. State departments accounted for 27.1 percent of AEC bids, followed by solicitations released at the county level (18.2%).
Vendors considering focusing business development efforts by region should look to the South, where most AEC solicitations were released; the Midwest saw the fewest AEC bids.
- The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) is seeking applications to plan, develop, implement and evaluate eligible Safe Routes to School (SRTS) infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects. Applications are due December 4, 2015.
- The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) released a solicitation for Scheduled and Emergency Bridge Structural Repairs at Various Locations. The project is valued at $2,814,000, and bids are due by October 20, 2015.
- Prince George’s County, Md., released a request for qualifications (RFQ) for its two-phase College Park-University of Maryland Metro Station Development initiative. Qualifications are due October 15, 2015.
Major contract awards
- Delaware County, Ohio, awarded its Sawmill Parkway Extension, Phases A-F contract to Trucco Construction Company Inc., at a not-to-exceed value of $30,433,676.42.
- The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities awarded a $6,674,310 contract to UIC Construction LLC for its Deadhorse ARFF Bay Addition with Sand Storage – Stage II Building Package project. Non-winning bidders included ASRC SKW Eskimos Inc., Concor LLC, F & W Construction Co Inc., and Osborne Construction Company.
- The California Department of Transportation awarded a $1,860,888.20 contract to Golden State Bridge Inc. to Rehabilitate the San Luis Wasteway Bridge deck and replace bridge rails. Non-winning bidders included American Civil Constructors West Coast Inc., Granite Rock Company, and Western Structures.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State and Local Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education