5 Facts about Engineering Services
In case you missed Deltek’s webinar, Federal Contracting Trends in Engineering Services, here are 5 Facts about Engineering Services. Check back next week for more from #GovList!
- Engineering Services, as defined by NAICS 541330, was the second largest industry from FY 2010 to FY 2014 based on reported spending. It was second only to Aircraft Manufacturing.
- More than 33,000 companies registered as a provider of Engineering Services, though only about 20% reported contract activity as a prime contractor.
- The Navy was the largest buyer of Engineering Services, with $66.0 billion obligated over the five year period.
- From FY 2010 to FY 2014, 69% of all contract spending was through Task Orders, with $18.7 billion in FY 2014.
- Though the Navy acquired more Engineering Services through Task Orders based on reported spending, the Department of Homeland Security spent a larger portion of its Engineering Services contract dollars through Task Orders, averaging 94% from FY 2010 to FY 2014.
By Kathleen Sievers
Senior Manager of Research at Deltek
- Federal Agencies
- Technology Areas
- GovWin Recon
- State, Local and Education