How to Position Your A&E Firm for a Larger Piece of the Pie
It's the time of year that firms are working to finalize budgets, develop forecasts and create specific plans to be successful in the coming year. What does success look like for your firm?
According to the Deltek Clarity Architecture & Engineering Industry Study, firms are strategizing how they can best position themselves for a larger piece of the pie. Firms know what opportunities are out there, but are focusing on building up the right staff and standard processes to win in a competitive A&E environment.
How can you position your firm for growth and success in the coming year? First, you have to know what your biggest challenges are and where you have the biggest opportunity.
The Clarity Report identifies top challenges firms are facing in every aspect of their business. Some of the top challenges this year include:
- Financial Management: managing growth and increasing profitability
- Business Development: finding time to nurture client relationships and increased competition
- Project Management: competing priorities and staff shortages
- Human Resource Management: succession planning and career development
Architecture & Engineering
These challenges impact every aspect of the business. They can impact project quality, employee morale, client satisfaction and overall profitability. And, ultimately your ability to win new projects and increase your piece of the pie. If your firm is struggling in any of these areas, what are you going to do about it? What strategic initiatives can you put in place to address the challenges and drive your business forward?
One of the initiatives that should be front and center in your business and strategic planning is technology. Many firms are running their businesses on technology that is antiquated, disjointed or not designed for the A&E industry. It’s no surprise that technology is changing the way we work. But, are you leveraging technology to tackle your biggest challenges?
What if you had a solution that put your people and projects at the center of your business and let you get back to doing what you do best – delivering exceptional projects? You need a solution that is built for the way A&E firms work. Here are key features A&E firms can’t live without:
- Projects at the Center of Your Business – control all project information in one place from pursuit and proposals through project planning and billing to accounting and financial management
- Complete View of Your Business – gain visibility from a single source of truth from winning new projects to project closeout with actionable insight to make more informed decisions
- A New Way of Working – enable teamwork and collaboration while empowering users with a simple intuitive experience no matter where the project takes them
Deltek is excited to announce a solution that is built for the way you manage projects – Deltek Vantagepoint.
Deltek Vantagepoint is an intuitive, powerful solution that puts your projects and people at the center of your business that gives you a complete view of your company in a single place so you can be more efficient, productive and profitable. With client, project and financial details at your fingertips, you can make better, more informed decisions for today and tomorrow.
Here’s how Deltek Vantagepoint helps your firm tackle your biggest challenges:
- Build your pipeline and nurture client relationships when it matters most so you can better position your firm for a win against the competition
- Proactively manage the complete project in one place so project managers can proactively monitor project results and manage deliverables
- Choose the right people with the right skills and capacity for the right projects to deliver projects on time and budget
- Streamline day-to-day accounting processes and track project costs so you know where projects stand at any time while managing cash flow and overall financial health of your company
- Monitor the health of your business in one view to identify gaps, highlight bright spots and plan for the future with critical data at your fingertips
- Deliver a solution that is intuitive and simple to use so employees can access, update and edit key information from the office, project site or on the go from any device
Learn more about how Deltek Vantagepoint can empower your firm and position you for a bigger piece of the pie.
About the Author
Megan Miller is a product marketing manager with Deltek and works with architecture & engineering firms around the world to help them improve their business processes through technology and thought leadership with resources like Deltek Clarity and Deltek’s leading project-based software solutions. Connect with Megan on LinkedIn.
- AE Industry News
- Ajera Case Study
- Ajera Software Updates
- Ajera Training
- Best Practices
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Client Management
- Client Relationship Management
- Cost Management
- Deltek Ajera CRM
- Deltek Clarity AE Industry Study
- Document Management
- Email Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Expensing Election
- Finance Accounting
- Financial Management
- Firm Management
- Government Contracting
- Government Regulations
- KPIs and Analytics
- Merger and Acquisition
- Product Manufacturers
- Project And Portfolio Management
- Project Information Management
- Project Management
- PSMJ News
- Resource Planning
- Revenue Recognition
- Risk Analysis
- Scheduling and Planning
- Software Implementation
- Specification Management
- Talent Management
- Technology Trends
- Time and Expense