PSMJ Presents The State of the Architecture and Engineering Industry
An Analysis of the State of the Architecture and Engineering Industry for 2018!
David Burstein, a Senior Principal with PSMJ, presents his data-rich annual address: “The State of the Architecture and Engineering Industry” in this Deltek webinar. In this presentation David provides an industry overview that includes rich analysis of the wide variety of factors impacting the AEC industry. This webinar will give you the insight you need to better position your firm for success in the upcoming year.
This presentation represents some of the most comprehensive research that has been conducted in the industry. David combines US economic data with PSMJ survey data to give you a clear picture of where the industry stands and where it appears to be headed. He also explains why key client markets are behaving the way they are and what you can do to properly position your firm for the changes he anticipates we’ll see ahead.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- Important trends in the US Economy – how is the US Economy really performing?
- PSMJ’s outlook on the AEC industry in 2018 and beyond
- Which markets will be up? Which ones will be down?
- When will the good times end?
This webinar covers A LOT of information – so hold onto your hat! But don’t worry – it will be recorded. Everyone who registers will get access to the slides and webinar recording, so even if you can’t make the live event – register now.
Seeing the big picture will give you a lot of “aha!” moments, but David also drills deep into the details to provide further insight. Some of the topics he will cover include:
Growth and Profitability
- US and Canadian AEC growth patterns
- Post-recession recovery by firm type (architecture, engineering, construction)
- Trends in industry consolidation (Mergers and Acquisitions) and the rates of firms entering and exiting the industry
The AEC Labor Market
- Labor availability, turnover rates, teleworking and compensation trends
- The susceptibility of AEC jobs to replacement by computers/robots
AEC Markets and Submarkets - What’s Hot/What’s Not
- AEC markets and submarkets are reviewed in light of proposal activity, a leading indicator for the AEC industry. David highlights the upward and downward trends he thinks we’ll see in each market.
The Trump Effect on the AEC Industry
- The new administration’s policies and how they are impacting the AEC industry.
The Changing Energy Picture
- The long-term trend of energy consumption in the US (coal, petroleum, natural gas, hydro-electric, nuclear and renewables) and how it’s impacting the AEC industry.
AEC Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- The industry’s key performance indicators and how they are performing including: Labor Utilization, Overhead costs, DL Multiplier, Net-achieved Multiplier, Net Revenue Deficit, Net Payroll Multiplier, Profitability, Shareholders Equity, Time to Invoice and Collect, Equity per Staff and more.
This is one webinar you won’t want to miss! Even if you can’t attend the live event, be sure to register. You’ll receive access to the slides and webinar on-demand. David will wrap up the webinar with Q&A and additional relevant resources to improve your industry forecasting.
"The State of the
Architecture & Engineering Industry"
Learn more about Deltek’s Solutions for the AEC Industry <Click here>
About the Presenter
David Burstein is a Senior Principal with PSMJ Resources, Inc., the nation's largest provider of management information to the engineering/architectural professions. As part of his responsibilities, he provides consulting and training services on the subjects of strategic planning, marketing, project management, human resources, quality, finance and ownership transition. Prior to joining PSMJ, David worked for 26 years at Parsons Corporation, one of the world's largest and most respected engineering-construction firms. During his tenure at Parsons, David held a variety of responsible positions including President of Parsons 1,600-person environmental subsidiary and President of Parsons 120-person planning subsidiary.
- AE Industry News
- Ajera Case Study
- Ajera Software Updates
- Ajera Training
- Best Practices
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Client Management
- Client Relationship Management
- Cost Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Story
- Deltek Ajera CRM
- Deltek Clarity AE Industry Study
- Deltek Cloud
- Document Management
- Email Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Expensing Election
- Finance Accounting
- Financial Management
- Firm Management
- Government Contracting
- Government Regulations
- HR Technology
- Human Resources
- KPIs and Analytics
- Merger and Acquisition
- Product Manufacturers
- Project And Portfolio Management
- Project Information Management
- Project Management
- PSMJ News
- Resource Planning
- Revenue Recognition
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Management
- Scheduling and Planning
- Software Implementation
- Specification Management
- Talent Management
- Technology Trends
- Time and Expense