While a contractor can run their business with standard accounting methods and tools such as QuickBooks®, many contractors reach a point in their journey when it is beneficial to upgrade to construction-specific accounting methods and tools such as Deltek ComputerEase.
As your construction business grows, construction accounting software can support you to proactively manage jobs, obtain financial assistance (loans, lines of credit, etc.), maintain a strong cash position, and stay compliant.
Learn Construction Accounting
Our first series of Construction Accounting University unlocked the doors to guide contractors through the transformation from standard accounting methods to construction accounting methods, with topics including job costing, work in progress, cash flow management, construction payroll, and construction change orders. If you missed the first series you can watch them on demand here. In our new, free, six-part 2.0 training series—led by industry expert John Meibers, Vice President & General Manager for Deltek ComputerEase—we will dive deeper into the world of construction accounting.
What You Will Learn
How Successful Job Costing Can Grow Your Business
- What to track, monitor, and review to improve your current and future projects
- How to forecast and reduce risk on projects
- How to make proactive decisions based off your job costing results
Deep Dive into Construction Work in Progress
- What WIP is and why it’s essential
- How WIP works with Schedule of Values, Backlog, General Ledger, etc.
- How to compare and analyze WIP reports from different time periods to stay on track of jobs
Proven Hiring and Worker Retention Strategies for Growth-Minded Construction Contractors
- Ideas and practices to position, attract and retain construction talent
- How company culture plays a central role in differentiating prospective employers
- The importance of diversity and inclusion in the construction industry
Construction Revenue Recognition: How the New Standards are Affecting Your Financial Statements
- How to stay compliant and recognize revenue through contract accounting
- How to understand and implement Topic 606 changes
- Best practices for recording and maintaining job schedules
Accelerate Small Construction Contractor Growth with Smart Bonding & Insurance Strategies
- What risk management is and the types of construction risk management
- How to plan for, analyze, and manage potential risks
- Benefits in construction risk management
Best Practices for Construction Business Expansion
- Understanding job costing and other unique aspects of construction accounting
- How to look for growth, whether that means winning more local jobs or expanding into multiple states
- The importance of using the right tools to grow your business
Register for the Construction Accounting University
Take the first critical step towards being a construction accounting expert and jumpstart your journey on making your construction business more predictable and profitable.
Construction Accounting University
A Free Six-Part Training Series
Learn From a Construction Accounting Industry Expert
John Meibers has over 32 years of experience serving the construction industry. He has been a leader at Deltek ComputerEase since 2000 serving over 4,500 contractors nationwide. In today’s rapidly changing, fast paced world, a big part of John’s role is to ensure that Deltek + ComputerEase equips contractors with the tools they need to manage profitability, drive growth, and meet construction requirements. Prior to Deltek + ComputerEase, John spent 10 years working as controller for a large mechanical contractor.
Deltek Project Nation Newsletter
Subscribe to receive the latest news and best practices across a range of relevant topics and industries.