Deltek Launches In-Depth Government Contracting Courses
Deltek University’s new federal government education series is offered year-round, ensuring that businesses are compliant and current with federal standards
HERNDON, Va. – September 5, 2014 – Deltek, the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for government contractors and professional services firms, announced the availability of a new educational curriculum for government contractors delivered through Deltek University. This curriculum is designed specifically for companies that want to learn the basics of thriving as government contractors with a focus on staying compliant with demanding federal standards.
Deltek understands the business of government contracting and is the go-to source for companies interested in learning the fundamentals of government contracting, especially commercial businesses looking to expand into this lucrative market sector.
Each course includes extensive real-world examples and resource materials that students will take home, with no advance preparation or prerequisites required to enroll. All sessions are delivered at Deltek’s state-of-the-art learning facility conveniently located in Herndon, Virginia. Each stand-alone course is also eligible for 12 CPE credits.
- Federal Contract Procurement Cycle: This course covers the Congressional appropriations process that follows the process through agency budgets, and finally to acquisition commitments. Participants will learn about the different types of procurement actions with heavy emphasis on Contract by Negotiation Act and contractor responsibilities for compliance.
- Timekeeping and Labor Regulations: This course covers how the federal government regulates timekeeping in accordance with the FAR and CAS and serves as a guide through those specific regulations as well as best practices for labor and compliance.
- Account and Auditing for Federal Contracts: This course covers direct and indirect cost classification, pooling, and the role of DCAA in audits, contractor surveillance, internal control requirements as well as cost accumulation standards for automated accounting systems.
- Government Contracting Fundamentals: This course covers the essentials of government contracting, the unique characteristics and terminology of government contracting, as well as the various roles of government personnel. Participants will learn about case treatment concepts, the theory of indirect rates, how to read the FAR and CAS, major regulatory compliance requirements and the audits that arise out of them.
- FAR/CAS: This course covers the history of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Cost Accounting Standard (CAS), current regulation highlights and effects, proposed changes and the applicability and effect of FAR clauses and CAS standards.
“Knowledge of federal government regulations can be a barrier to market entry for many businesses,” said Deltek University Vice President and Chief Learning Officer Dan Carusi. “At Deltek University, our cost-effective courses empower companies to join the world of federal contracting by training employees with minimal disruption to their work schedule.”
Additionally, each course offers CPE credits for those who need to maintain credentials, including CPA, PMP, CAPM, CISSP, noted Carusi, adding, “Whether you are new to government contracting or just need a refresher, you’ll learn from real-life examples delivered by the best in the business.”
Visit the Deltek University website to see a full listing of courses offered and for more information on registering for a class.
Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services firms and government contractors. For decades, we have delivered actionable insight that empowers our customers to unlock their business potential. 18,000 organizations and 2 million users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek to research and identify opportunities, win new business, optimize resources, streamline operations, and deliver more profitable projects. Deltek — Know more. Do more.® www.deltek.com
For further information contact:
Director, Corporate Marketing and Communications