Ecological Consultancy firm, BSG, Gains A Single View Of Business Information With Deltek PIM
Tweet it: 'Ecological Consultancy firm, BSG, gains a single view of business information with Deltek PIM'
BSG Ecology was founded in 1997 and provides ecological consultancy to both public and private clients. With a portfolio of well over 7,000 projects, they employ a large team of professional ecologists, across 6 UK offices, to deliver a range of specialist services including impact assessments, biodiversity management planning, project design and witness advice.
Given their wide geographical spread, BSG needed a solution capable of streamlining the storage and retrieval of their documents and information, so that all users had instant and easy access. After exploring the market, BSG were immediately impressed by Deltek Project Information Management due to its unique user interface and regular upgrades and changes.
“When we were looking to implement Deltek PIM, we questioned why we hadn't done it before!”
Sarah Gillespie, Accountant
The Core Challenges
- They share large volumes of information which they needed to access quickly and efficiently.
- Their existing project management solution couldn’t keep pace with change.
- Contracts information was stored locally on servers using the native yellow folders system, creating a great deal of duplication across the practice and increased risk of loss of critical information and documentation.
- Temporary workers were using different time sheets to permanent workers which slowed the billing process.
- Expense management was manual and laborious.
Finding A Capable Solution
- BSG needed a solution capable of streamlining the storage and retrieval of their documents and information, so that all users across the multi-cited business, had instant and easy access.
- Deltek PIM also enabled BSG to version control documentation and streamline the sharing of information across the whole practice, geographically.
- Every user in the practice is now looking at the same documentation – whether they are in the office or onsite.
- Utilisation has improved by reducing the amount of toing and froing with documentation, putting BSG in a more confident positon to move towards the ISO 9001 accreditation thanks to the version control gained with Deltek PIM.
- Temporary workers have the same time sheet set up as permanent staff, so the information flows through for billing very easily.
- With the receipt capture facility within Deltek PIM, BSG are able to go paperless for their expenses.
- BSG were able to avoid the £60,000 replacement cost for their existing service.
[Webinar] PIM For Dummies
Master email, document & drawing management.
- Agency Workflow
- Architecture & Engineering Firms
- Business Intelligence
- Change Management
- Cloud ERP
- Consulting Firms
- Deltek Customers
- Financial Management
- Job Costing
- Legal Sector
- Marketing & PR Agencies
- People and Culture
- Professional Services Automation
- Professional Services Industry
- Project Information Management
- Project Management
- Resource Planning
- Scheduling And Planning
- Talent Management
- Time and Expenses
- Traffic Management
- Transformational Trends